Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Nortons Ghost Continuous Backup

I Currently Use Nortons Ghost 11.5 to Backup My O/S as a Disk Image File to an External HDD. I Execute this from Bootup of a flash drive and save my image to a usb hdd. This works Fine. However I have just Added a Backup HDD to my PC and I thought...

Sparks79 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Probleme au demarrage de Symantec Backup Exec 2014

Hello I come to you a problem that I encounter at the start of Backup Exec 2014 Here is the picture: http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/554309Image1.jpg I can not connect to the server And if I removed the software window to order Can help me I d...

Resolved! BEMCLI check if a given file has been backed up

Hi, Is it possible with BEMCLI to check if a given file has been backed up by Backup Exec, providing for instance file path/size/modification date? If not, is there any other way to get the same information from outside Backup Exec, for instance lo...

maurox by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Question about SDR recovery

Hi, Refer to below article, http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH179349 After using Simplified Disaster Recovery (SDR) to recover the Windows server, SDR automatically replaces the damaged master and model databases w...

Backup Exec failed jobs

I recently replaced my Dell PowerVault tape deck(would not accept tapes) with a new exact same model. Since the replacement I have been unable to get a backup job to complete. I have been getting the following codes in my event veiwer 34113, 57665, a...

Wmurphy by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Exec view 6.1 restore from tape help

I am trying to restore data from a old backup tape the tape is a "LTO Ultrium 1"   I have the old tape drive installed on a old server turned desktop PC running windows 7 32bit.    I can see the tape drive in device manager but not under removabl...

Resolved! restoring data with Backup Exec

Hi Everybody, I'm checking for this: I want to restore data with symantec backup exec 2014 from an incremental backup, i want to know if i need all storage disk that i've use to backup these data. Else what data will be restored? Thank you for yo...

MAKELN by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error when backing up a VM (vSphere 5.5)

At least ONE VM cannot be backed up due to the following error: Endgültiger Fehler: 0xe00095a7 - Der Vorgang schlug aufgrund einer Meldung des vCenter- oder ESX-Servers fehl, dass die Konfiguration des virtuellen Computers ungültig ist. Endgültige F...

Help Opening/extracting Files from V2i archives

Hi, I have a 2005 copy of Ghost from a previous computer and some older V2i archives I want to open and extract a few files from (not full restore). I have the Ghost directories also saved and can access the restore points with v2iBrowser.exe but wh...

Resolved! Summary of Backup Exec jobs in email alerts.

Is there away to set the notifications/alerts to send a summary of all alerts in one email, rather than it inundating my inbox with so many notifications that other emails are constantly being lost?

Zedicus by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup only old video

Hi Everybody, I'm working on a project with Backup Exec. Then the Customer ask me to make Backup Exec Backup data considering the date of their creation. So backup Exec have to backup for exemple July and August's data without October's data. He ask...

MAKELN by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backing up single file on multiple workstations

Is there a way to backup selected files on a Windows 7 client using BE2012? We have successfully installed the client on each workstation, but keep getting the error code 0xe000fe30, v-79-57344-65072. We are able to backup servers and virtual machine...

Resolved! Backup Concept for 1 Server and 4 Clients

Hi,   one of our customers would like to backup and restore the following:   1x Server  --> Windows 2008 R2  (will be Mediaserver with internal LTO-6 SAS Drive) 1x Client --> Windows 7 Professional with an SQL Server 3x Client --> Windows 7 Pro...

TorstenK by Level 3
Partner
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Remote Administration Tools

Hi. I am new to Symantec Backup 2014. I wish to install the tools to my Windows 7 PC so I do not have to keep logging on to the server to manage the jobs etc. Can anyone point me in the right Direction please

Resolved! Backing up Duplicate to tape stuck

I am trying to duplicate some 200+ GB to tape, but the process is stuck at 123 GB. The process is still running but don't see any progress in the "Bytes" part. Don't know if the tape is corrupt. Suggestions are welcome

Labels