Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Backup exec advice

I am looking for some advice/reassurance. We currently backup files from our NAS to Tape via copying from the NAS to an old server running backup exec 11d then writing to a tapedrive however it is on its back legs and needs replacing. Ideally we wo...

Recovering Partial .GHO File

I recently catured an image of a users HDD with Ghost 11.0.1. After examining the .GHO and .GHS files it doesnt seem like all of the data was captured, only 11.5GB contained in all the files.  When i attempt to open the files with Ghost Explorer (11...

Final Error: 0xe000942a - Backup Exec did not find any resources to include in the backup. Check the backup selections for this job to make sure it includes resources that are available for backup

Good Afternoon, Recently, i upgraded from BackupExec 2012 to 2014. Since upgrading, i am no longer able to apply the backup agent to my desktops. All of the desktop computers that previously backed up, now fail with the following error: Completed s...

Stx0211 by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Does Backup exec 2012 admin console support 12.5 server

currently we have a setup which is running Backup Exec 12.5 version, Need to install Remote admin console on a Windows 7 machine. Backup exec 12.5 does not support Windows 7. Hence we are planning to install Backup Exec 2010 on the Windows 7 machine...

Offline updates (LATEST RALUS)

So the hotfixes go on about installing the latest ralus, but (as is the symantec way) dont refer to where they are.(I'm talking about the latest ones, not the ones on the installation DVD). Seaching "ralus update" produces a first page full of hits d...

Connexion impossible au serveur backup exec

Bonjour. Je viens juste d'installer une version d'évaluation de Symantec Backup Exex. Lorsque j'ouvre la console d'administration, on m'invite à entrer un nom d'utilisateur et un mot de pas dans une boîte de dialogue, comme le montre la figure ci-...

nass by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

restore VMware guest with GRT

Hello, I understand if a VMware guest is restored using GRT from a tape drive. Backup Exec will restore first the vmdk file to a temporary directory on the media server and thereafter restore the files. Does it mean if the VM guest has a 500GB vmdk...

Edyxx by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2014 - any support for backing up desktops and laptops?

I think I remember reading somewhere that the Deskop and Laptop Option support has been removed from Backup Exec 2014.  Is that correct?  If so, what is the recommended path for backing up Desktops and Laptops with BE 2014?  Or is BE 2014 exclusively...

today by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2014 on Windows 7

I'm after a backup solution for my home computer/NAS and Symantec System Recovery 2014 just doesn't cut the mustard! Does anyone know of a hack around that can make Backup Exec install on a Windows 7 machine (not the administration console, but the ...

Cannot install Remote agent ...

One of my Win7 Workstations fail to install the remote agent. It does not install by push-install from the BE Server (BE2010R3, all updates applied) and also it does not install after copying the files to a local folder on the Win7-machine The erro...

Resolved! How to make a copy of a backup?

Hi, I have Backup Exec create backups on a regular basis. Now, I would like to create a copy of a previously created backup, so I can put that instance of the backup into long term storage. I can't find any documentation or forum post on how to do t...

Derec by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! DLO muestra Esta trabajando Fuera de Linea

Buenas tardes, por favor necesito alguna sugerencia o referencia si alguien soluciono un mensaje que aparece en el agente DLO de backup Excec cada vez que inicia la computadora me sale en algunas maquinas ese mensaje por favor si alguien pudo solucio...

Resolved! Unable to Run Backup Exec 2012 backups through V-Center

I am unable to run Backup Exec through Vcenter and backup machines that are virtual and physical. If I add the IP addresses and setup the backups individually, they will run. The issue in Vcenter is that they do not pass credential test. I have opene...

Is there a dashboard for Backup Exec 2010?

We have a big monitor in our IT department that shows us problems with servers. Is there application/webpage I can use to display whether backups were successfull or not?  We would look at it in the morning to confirm the backups have run successful....

Backup Exec Slot Priority

My company does daily backups and swaps tapes out daily (on Monday night, we only have Monday tapes loaded).  Once the tapes are used we send them offsite using a tape pickup/storage/delivery service, and to do that the tapes have to be labeled ...

CWes by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! About running a incremental backup job on a blank tape

Hi,   Say if I have configured a 6 day backup cycle - Day 1 full back up and rest Incremental...and on day 2 (when its scheduled for a incremental backup job) I have a blank tape in the tape drive...   Will the backup job still exceute or will it fai...

Labels