Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Advice needed on Exchange 2007 longterm archive

Due to legal requirements we need to store our exchange data for 7 years. In addition to the normal nightly/weekly backups I need to create a monthly backup that we can keep for years. Currently when I look at the exchange server, the "Exchange Store...

Resolved! DLO diagram 7.0

HELLO, I wonder if anyone has the chance to hand a diagram of how the aplicaicón DLO backup exec 2012 and 7.0

Resolved! viaNetwork failed to find a NIC that matches request

Hello everybody, two days ago our UPS sent a power surge into our network, shutting down our complete internal infrastructure. We replaced the faulty machine and went on with our daily tasks. But yesterday, our backup using Backup Exec 12.5 didn't w...

FSE by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

My BE 2010R3 --> 2012 Upgrade Experience

I hope this will help out other users and also the Symantec tech support team: I would like to preface this by saying that I have been working on trying to get BE2012 installed on my system since it came out.  I waited for SP1 with abated breath hopi...

BE2012 Incrementals to disk, Full to tape?

I've seen similar questions asked, but none of those had an exact answer as to whether this was possible. The root and cause of the problem is that we are struggling for disk space due to the BE 2012 not giving the simple option of "delete the oldest...

Resolved! DLO client getting disabled in Windows 7 System.

Hi, We have the following:- 1. BE 2010 with DLO.(Windows 2003 Std SP2) 2. DLO Client - Windows 7 (32bit)   Now, most of thesewindows 7 system's DLO Client were getting disabled. I have changed the registry, check the permission of the Shared storage ...

Job rate B2D slow

Hello, We are experiencing a problem with the backup 2 disk jobs. De jobs are running to slow. Last week it worked fine, but this week it doesn't. Some information: Windows Server 2008 R2 x64Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3 (Rev. 5204)Disk is formatted N...

Resolved! Acceso denegado al realizar Backups Linux

Hola, buenos dias.. Tengo un agente en linux, que lo manejo desde un servidor principal en Windows Server 2008, el problema es que cuando realizo un backup del servidor linux y despues lo restauro, a la carpeta restaurada no la puedo copiar o elimina...

BE 2010 R3 remote console on Win7 Dutch

Hi, We have a Windows 2003 server installed as backup server. The backup software is BE 2010 R3. My PC has installed Win 7 Pro 64 bits (Dutch) When I try to install the managment console of BE 2010 R3 it goes wrong. The pre install test is passed, wi...

Resolved! How to set Backup Exec 2012 DLO option for optimal performance?

While testing DLO option found out that desktop agent slows the system. This is noticable because endpoint applications run slow and sometimes PC hangs for a while. I think that some default settings causing this. Have you faced similar behavior of D...

UFO by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE_ST Tool, VxGather and tracer.exe viewer

Hi team,       I´m working providing Symantec Support for Backup Exec with a Partner Hardware Manufacturing and some times I need to use the follow troubleshooting tools as a bellow:       Be_ST (Backup Exec Support Tool)   VxGather   Tracer.exe   ...

fginacio by Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Error install RALUS in Openfiler

Hello, I am trying to install RALUS from Backup Exec 2010 in Openfiler. I have the following error in the log:  cat /var/tmp/vxif/installralus228155742/installralus.log VxIF::Info:: Target OS name: Linux VxIF::Info:: Get supplimentary gr...

Resolved! Local drives missing in selection list

We are running Backup Exec 2010 R3 and when I go to the selection list to add a computer, that is known to have the agent installed, it comes up with either "none" or it only shows the shares. It does not show the Local drives, system state, utility ...

List of supported hard drives?

Is there a list of Backup Exec supported backup hard drives? I've been having a ton of trouble with a client of mine and his backups. I get a different error every night. I want to give different hard drives a shot. I was told there is a list here so...

Vispor by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

DLO Agent workaround on Outlook 2010 64 bits

Hi all, I have a problem with a customer, this problem do not have solution in the actual version and was confirmed to me that comes solved in 2012 version. I was adviced the Beta product and I will test it. So, I init this discussion searching a wor...

donk2000cl by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Dedub and Filelevel Backup

Hi, I looked arround, but I could not find the right answer for me in the whole Symantec Forum.   If I make a Filelevelbackup (FULL / INCR) I get this errors: SichernV-79-57344-4611 - Bei der Erstellung oder dem Zugriff auf das für diesen Vorgang ang...

Zerakus by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec.cloud

Does anyone know when Symantec Backup Exec.cloud will be available in Austria and under what pricing? Also, does anyone know the location of the servers where our data would be stored (Europe? US?)? Finally, does anyone know how private, safe, and se...

FilGov by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with automated user Assignments

Hi everyone, I use Backup exec option desktop laptop option 2010 R3 and use the automated user Assignments. I got a big issue with this function, wich allow you to automatically create an account user on DLO with profile if he is on a group in the ac...

Labels