Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2010 R3 - Disaster Recovery

Hy,   A read the Administration Guid, but I have still ONE Question. How does a Disaster Recovery from the MediaServer himself work.   This is how I made the Backup: We have the Licence for Backup Exec 2010 / Agent for SQL . So I backup the WHOLE Bac...

Zerakus by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec Installation (DAS/TAPE DRIVE/FILE SERVER/ect)

Dear Team,   We have a custumer who need to install Backup Exec 2010, and they need to configure  with the scenario: Installation to the file serverBackup to the TAPEDRIVEBackup to the DAS ServerDeduplication OptionRecovery system AgentBackup Client ...

Mr_R by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE2010

Dear all, We trying to deploy a symantec BE 2010, we have a few quetion, the quetion is: How to upgrade BE EXEC 12 to BE 2010?What is the best configuration and the licence we have implement for the scenario: BE 2010 for Aktive DirektoryBE 2010 for E...

Mr_R by Level 4
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Symantec Backup Exec 2010 .R3 and Symantec System Recovery 2011

Hello i have two  question A) is it possible to install the Symantec Backup Exec 2010 .R3 with Symantec System Recovery 2011 Managment Soulation in the Same Server. B) there is no coflect if install DLO Agent And SSR2011 Agent in Same machine Thanks

FZ2H by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virtual Backup Exec

hello, Need help for the virtual configuration, our client want to configure: Backup exec server win per server bndl std lic 12mths 1Agent for microsoft hiper vAgent for micsft  active directoryAgent for vmware virtual infrastructureAgent for windows...

Mr_R by Level 4
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Q and A

Dear community,   I have a few quetion about Back up Exec 2010, Is there anyone could help me, please? My Quetion is? Can I upgrade from Veritas 10d to Backup Exec 2010? anyway what's the deferent betwen Veritas and Backup Exec?How to backup virtua...

Mr_R by Level 4
Partner
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backing up SharePoint Resources

Hello Ladies and Gents Currently using Symantec Backup Exec 12.5. We also using Sharepoint 2003 on our Network. And having a problem backing up our sharepoint resources. Problem Unable to backup our sharepoint resources, have checked everytthing i am...

Backup Exec 11d rev6235 SP3 with Windows 7

I need to add a new computer with Windows 7 via LAN to a backup job in Symantec Backup Exex 11d rev6235 SP3 that is installed on a computer with Windows XP. Symantec Backup Agents are installed on the rest of computers (in the same LAN and in the sam...

abAK by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2010 64Bit Remote Agent Client Install

I am trying to install the Backup Exec 2010 R2 64Bit Remote Agent on a windows 7 64bit client I have tried pusing it from the server, I have tried running it manually from the RAWSX64. I cant seem to get it to install.  I keep getting The return valu...

Jh66456 by Level 3
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Alternative to Log on as a batch job?

I'm attempting to backup a Win7 workstation using Backup Exec 2010 R2. According to Symantec documentation the "Log on as a batch job" privilege must be assigned to the Backup Exec logon account in order to backup a Win7/Server 2008 machine. The prob...

mari by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Sauvegarder Poste client avec Backup Exec 2010

Bonjour, Je souhaite sauvegarder les répertoires de mes postes client sur le réseau via la console backup exec 2010 sur mon serveur (2008 R2). Cependant, je ne vois pas le contenu des lecteurs de mes postes clients. Pour ce faire, j'ai installé l'opt...

Cant Backup DLO dir with windows server backup

I am getting Error in backup of F:\ during read: Error [0x80070057] The parameter is incorrect. when i try to backup all DLO folder(the users storage back folder) the thing is, inside that folder it only happans to a specsifc users, the others it do...

Resolved! User rights needed for getting service status

Hi, I have a problem displaying/querying the service status of my media server with my normal user from a remote PC. The login screen shows services not running, icon in the lower bar of the admin console shows a question mark, opening the Services M...

Backup Exec 2010 Problem

Hello i recently downloaded the trial to run on my pc, i installed microsoft sql server 2008 and then installed backup exec, but i am not sure what to do after that point, as when i try to run it it says "the backup exec server system service is not ...

ceet12 by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Se hace el backup pero no finaliza

Estimados tengo un problema con un backup, lo ejecuta pero nucna termina se queda por horas y horas y tengo que darle finalizar para que termine y sale el sgte. error Error category    : Job ErrorsError             : e0008821 - Job was recovered as a...

alneida by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

IDR on Windows 2008 Server R2 (64Bit) with Backup Exec 12.5

Hello Community, we are using Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 (Rev. 2213) on a Windows 2003 Server. Last week we got a new Server with Windows 2008 Server R2 (64 Bit). When i make a full backup of the server, Backup Exec does not create a dr file for...

Unable to make resource selections

Hello, We use Backup Exec 12.5 SP4. This is installed on our central server, which is a windows server 2003 system. This server works already for a couple of years with backup exec 12.5. The client I use is renewed and is running windows 7. I h...

PALM by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! DLO Agent Installation on Windows 7 enterprise 32bit

Good day, I want to install DLO Agent 2010, in 32-bit Windows 7, but it generates an error when performing the installation locally. Error: "This Machine Does Not Have the minimum required MDAC version, 2.8. Please install the latest MDAC Before you ...

JDH by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels