Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Help with backup solution

Hello, We are preparing to implement backup for a client with 6 VM servers and a dedicated Backup exec server. Later on we want to duplicate this on a separate location but with 22 VMs and a dedicated backup server. if all goes well. The backup wil...

Ovi_I by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec Deduplication option

I currently have  backup exec 2012 media server installed .It was backing up to a data domain device using OST plugin. I am using  the 60day trial licenses(10 day Remaining ) However recently the deduplication option disappeared.As such no backups ...

Jobs are using too many tapes

Hi,     Backup jobs are using directly pointed towards tape unit. 1 year retention is set for all jobs... However, backup exec picks up tapes even without the previous tapes get full. Is there anyway to restrict that jobs pick previously used tape...

Resolved! EXCHANGE CONTINUOUS PROTECTION AGENT

bonjour Monsieurs et Dames. j'ai de problemes avec mon backup exec .  en effet mon server backup fonctionne correctement, mais c'est le serveur continous protection qui  ne fonctionne pas. lorsque j'effectue une sauvegarde de ma base de données Exc...

Resolved! Upgrade from BE 12.5 to version 15

Moving to a new windows 2102 server.  I have installed BE 15 and the agent. I only want to back up certain directories and shares on the server. Where do I select what I want to back up?  I do not want to back up the whole server. Did that capabil...

RWetzel by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Unable to restore

Hi,   I have backup Exec 2012 and when i attemp to restore, i get the following error message:   the supplied datetime represents an invalid time for example when the clock   I select the backup point set and select the folders i want to restor...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! RMAN BACKUP - increasing the number of channels

Hi,   I have an rman backup running using backup exec 2014. At the level of the servers, we have 4 available channels. How can i encrease the usage from the backup ex side to use the four channels and not one? Please advise.   Regards

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Facing logon account issue while trying to backup vm's

Hi , I am using BAckup Exec 2010 R3 ,Backup of VM's is failing regulary .I tried to rectify the issue.But whenever I am trying to Select Virtual Center in Selections I am geeting error as failed to logon on to "name of  VMware Virtual Center". I tri...

anoop89 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Exchange server - full system backup

Hello Everyone,   We're in the process of standing up Backup Exec 2014 (came from 2010) and a couple of questions have come up in regards to backing up an exchange server (currently running 2010).   We understand that we can use the agent to back...

bwh_99 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Email notifications in Backup Exec

Hi,   Please note that I need an answer for the following questions: Is it possible to send email notifications with the statuses of the jobs to users or emails ourside the smtp server/ uf yes, what are the requirements? Do i need to have smtp r...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Updating Bacup Exec 2014 SP2

I am trying to update BE 2014 to SP2 on Windows 8.1 with BE 2014 console. In the upgrade process I got an error about updating ...\pt3f9c.tmp file. In event log there is the error Log Name:      Application Source:        MsiInstaller Date:     ...

akarelin by Level 4
  • 15 replies
  • 2 kudos

upgrading license from BE 2012 to 2014

Hi team   i need help to upgrade the license. i purchase BE 2012 license but due to some issue i start using BE 2014 but the license key of 2012 is not working on. kindly confirm me either it is possible to upgrade my license..????

Back up of the data and catalogs folders of the media server

Hi, Kindly note that when backing up the Data and Catalogs folder the job is failing with the following error. Fimal error: 0xe00084af - The direcory or file was not found or could not be accessed. Backup- \\BEX.x.com.lb\C: Directory Program Files...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Activacion Licencia en Backup Exec 2014 Trial

Hola. Tengo una versión de prueba de Backup Exec 2014 desde hace unos 40 días, y ya he adquirido el producto. Me han hecho llegar archivos de licencia (.slf), pero no sé cómo activar el producto sin tener que reinstalarlo Desde la opción de menú don...

Labels