Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Backup exec 2014

Gostaria de saber se o backup exec 2014 faz backup das public folders do exchange online do office 365, se tem alguma documento que comente este item especifico, está informação que vai determinar a compra ou não. Agradeço pela ajuda. Att Joel

Parnoff by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exchange error

Hi,   Note that when backing up the active copy, the exchange server was getting loaded and the end users were nno longer able to send and receive emails during the backup. So i changed the backup job to take a backup of the passive copy instead. T...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tape jobs

Hi,   when I run jobs to a tape, the jobs run properly to a point were they suddenly become on queu and the tape gets ejected from the tape drive. Knowing that the tape has plenty of enough free space.   what could be the cause of this problem? H...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

selection list not loading

Hi,   Kindly note that i wanted to create a job with the same selection list as that of a previous job. When openning the selection list it does not load, and it shows me the following error: Failed to connect to server   Please provide me with a...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

communication failure

Hi,   I am getting the following error when running the jop. Final error: 0xe00084f9 - A communications failure has occurred between the Backup Exec job engine and the Agent for Windows I installed the agent and updated it to the latest version. ...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

security server job failure

Hi,   I am getting the following error: Final error: 0x1e - The system cannot read from the specified device.   link V-79-0-30   Please provide me with the suitable solution   Regards

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Conversion to virtual

Hi,   I want to convert a physical server to a virrtual machine, so I created a backup and then added a new stage. I chose the optipon to convert to virtual.   I want to know if the physical server has more than 1 partion, does the conversion to ...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Exchange backup to disk

Hi,   I am getting the following error when backing up Exchnage. Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.  link V-79-57344-759   Please advise with the suitable...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE 2014 upgrade

Hi,   I upgraded from backup exec 2010 to backup exec 2014 yesterday. However I have the file server job failing with the following error: Final error: 0xe0009413 - An error occurred during the snapshot cleanup, or could not locate a snapped volum...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! BE 2014

Hi,   I upgraded from backup exec 2010 to backup exec 2014 yesterday. However I have the file server job failing with the following error: Final error: 0xe0009413 - An error occurred during the snapshot cleanup, or could not locate a snapped volum...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! TFS server

Hi,   Whatis the best practice scenario to backup a TFS server??   Regards,

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2014

Hi,   Please could you provide me with the Backup Exec 2014 Guide??   Regards

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Beremote.exe crashes in ndmpcomm.dll module

Hi all, Currently, I have a situation here. My current (working) configuration is as follows: Virtualized on ProxMox PVE Windows Server 2008r2 with installed Backup Exec 2012 SP4, configured 8 backup jobs, i`m using WD NAS with iSCSI initiated conn...

Resolved! Incremental backup of a fixed VM

Hi,   When testing the incremental backup of a fixed VM, I found that backup exec undergoes a full backup and not an incremental one. Is there  a work around to let backupup ex perform an incremental backu of a fixed virtual machine?   Regards

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vmware

Hi,   I installed the Vmware agent and ran a backup job. The job failed with the error code 0xe000959a. So i uninstalled the vmware tools and ran the job it completed sccessfully. Then i reinstalled the vmware tools and excluded the sync drivers bu...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

License Downgrade for Backup Exec 2010 R3

Hello - I have received licenses for Symantec license file for serial number M xxxxxxx401 Mxxxxxxx053 but they appear to be incompatible with the version of BE we are running. BE 2010 R3. How do I request the correct license files for our version? ...

Installing License on Backup Exec

Hello Support - I need some help in how to install licenses on our Symantec Backup exec. I have received Symantec license file for serial number M 6225110401 M1625310053 which are included in a zip file. The zip file contains a '.tlf' file containin...

Resolved! liveupdate

Symantec LiveUpdate is not installed. Scheduled updates to BackuBackup Exec cannot be retrieved without LiveUpdate. You ,ust reinstall Liveupdate to schedule updates.   Any Help?   REgards, Lanloun    

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels