Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Trouble with logincredentials - Final error: 0xe0009b61 - Backup Exec could not log on to the server with the logon account specified for it. The logon account does not have valid credentials. Ensure that the user name and password are correct in the logo

Good morning! Do you have a solution/hint for the following problem: After every 4-6 days a lot of the backupjobs fail with the message: "Final error: 0xe0009b61 - Backup Exec could not log on to the server with the logon account specified for it. Th...

OP by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Problems with deduplication with 2010 R3

Hi,  I have been struggling with few problems concerning to Backup Exec 2010 R3 and deduplication. Jobs that I have uses client-side deduplication, and they now stuck on queued-state as soon as they get ~50GB. When I cancel them, job logs says: Med...

Nazkali by Level 3
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! BEMCLI vs Be2012 Restore option

The Problem I am working with the BEMCLI library and particular running the Submit-BEFileSystemRestoreJob -and- noticed a rather nasty side effect. When I do a restore inside the BE2012 program and send my output to a VHD I do not get promped to form...

BE 11d does not send out e mail notifications

BE 11d will send test notification but not a notification when the job finishes. I have verified updates are installed and I have tried disabling the option of including the job log. Please help.

Backup Exec Speeds

I have Backup Exec 2012 running in an environment to back up a couple physical servers and about 20 virtual servers running in a VMWare cluster with vCenter. Backup speeds seem very slow.  400 to 550 MB/min seems to be the top speed that I will get. ...

Resolved! VM servers automatically listed as individual servers

I have a vCenter server backup completing successfully with several Windows VMs with GRT enabled, but when the backup runs the VMs are "discovered" and automatically added to the list of servers in BackupExec. Their status is shown as "never backed u...

Eldan by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup exec 2012 trouble

Hello, We have a strange issue with BE 2012 and Virtual Machines GRT backup. During a scheduled job, the job hangs and it will never finish. Total size is around 1.2TB for 8 VMs. After cancelling the job, the job stays on cancel pending. The only ...

Import backup form prev versions

Hi if i want to do a fresh installation of Backup Exec 2012, can i import previosly backup (made with Be2010) from a tape library or nas ? how?   Thanks

0zzY by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE2012: How to include a date for job?

Hello, I really struggle with the new Backup Exec 2012 as lot of it is not intuitive anymore... Could somebody please help me with the following as I was even not able to find a solution on the manual for this (which took me only 10 seconds on previ...

SG by Level 4
  • 13 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels