Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup Exec 2015 Synthetic backups

Hi, I'm looking into using synthetic backups to back up some Server 2008 devices and I have a few questions which I can't seem to find any information on. I notice the synthetic backup cannot do a system state backup and hence can't use SDR. How wou...

ra_tech by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Sharepoint 2013, transaction log backup

Hello, i have an issue backing up my Sharepoint Server. The first problem is (but this one is a sharepoint problem) that the t-log file of the config DB keep growing and growing. When i'm running a log backup with BE2014 the file size does not cha...

dave_F1 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE 2014 - Backing up Hyper-V with remote VHDX

Hi there, currently we are building up a hyper-V configuration with two nodes that we plan to run in a cluster. Currently I run one node on which I installed an agent. I can create a new backup job on the hyperv-node but the jobs fail with the follo...

Resolved! Deleting failed backup set in Tape drive selectively ?

People, With the Backup Exec15 and tape drive / library option, how can I delete the failed backup set in the tapes ? this is to reclaim the space that is used by those failed backup so that the tape can be reused without waiting until the end of t...

Backup Exec 2012 - Wait-BEJob is not waiting.

Rather than scheduling BE jobs via the GUI, I use a PowerShell script.  And it works very well except for one issue; the Wait-BEJob commandlet doesn't seem to be doing what (I believe) it is supposed to.   I am using this script to back up three serv...

Resolved! Backup Exec licenses/ agents

I have 7 physical server Will run Backup Exec - Also Symantec Endpoint Protection and Tape drive connectedOracleSQL ServerExchange 2010Active DirectoryActive DirectoryMail Archiver with SQL Express. What Backup Exec licenses/ agents I need to backu...

Backup Exec 2014 Service Pack 2

I am running BE2014 version 14.1.1.1786 on Windows 2008R2. I wanted to install SP2 but I am concerned about its deduplication disk. My questions are Would SP2 cause any issue with deduplication? What steps are required during upgrade to take care o...

Ressource error in backup exec

Hello,   I use an old version of backup exec for a 2003 DC which is also my fileserver. I added a NAS to my environment with the main share \\nas\backups. I configured backup exec not only to backup local disks to the tape backup but to add a use...

Resolved! Linux VM backup on VMware 5.5 using Symantec 2014 backup Exec

Hello Friend, I have VMware 5.5. host installed and working fine. I have created one Linux VM (AlienVault) with size of 1TB. I wanted to take snapshot backup of this VM using my Symantec backup exe 2014 software. I tried but fails. backup exec gives...

Library Insert Alert

Dear all, I fnd the backup job always alert the Library insert message after it had been ran on 2 or 3 Sundays. Sunday is the beginning of backup cycle. The BE will change the tapes when the new backup cycle begins. I check the media writable peroid...

Resolved! Question regarding Backup Exec Licensing

Hi all, I need to clarify how many backup exec licenses needed with this configuration: 2 windows server 2012r2 (servers A and B): 1) Server A (windows sever with gui): -Backup Exec Installed -Hyper-V with several VM: no exchange, no sql, etc. o...

Jaime_D by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! BackupExec 2012 fails Exchange GRT backup after GRT restore

SBS 2011 (Server 2008 R2, Exchange 2010, SQL 2008), Backup Exec 2012, all fully patched. RD1000 USB 3.0 backup drive. Backups of system and Exchange running flawlessly since build three years ago.  Performed random restores of files/Shareport/Exchan...

Resolved! Disaster recovery of backup exec server

I have a BE 2014 server with only target storage which is dedup storage. I do not have any other disk or tape storage.  I am guessing its a bad idea to have even the BE server backup go to the dedup storage cos i am not sure how to recover in case t...

jinxnbu by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! deduplication storage sizing

Hi  I have total of about 32 TB of dedup data that will be in the dedup storage including the retention and daily and weekly backups.  Can i present 32TB lun to backup exec server ? I read in one article in this forum that it supports only 16TB whe...

jinxnbu by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Dedup strategy

Hi  I am setting up a new  BE 2014 envt and using the BE dedup option with HP MSA as disk storage. Since I am backing up VMs (using API) which are a mix of Linux and Windows does it make sense to have 2 diff disk libraries one as target, 1 for Linu...

jinxnbu by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows 2012R2 with UEFI to Hyper-V

Hello, I have a full backup of a physical Windows 2012R2 Server with Backup Exec 15, and I want to restore it as a VM on a (different) Windows Hyper-V 2012R2 Server.  I tried using the SDR disk, but there seems to be a problem with the UEFI configur...

Resolved! Restoring SQL server (VM)

Hi  I have a SQL 2012 server (virtual machine) which I intend to backup using the agent for vmware API method.  I believe once the options are enabled I can perform a GRT restore for SQL. My query is regarding full system recovery. If i restore the...

jinxnbu by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels