Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Hardware compression, what backup quantities are reported?

Hello, Have this issue, and cant find any answer.    Have a 45 slot library with two drives, and few months back turned on hardware compression (otherwise none), in Backup exec 2014. It does great, like 4:1 and even higher. However my issue is t...

Ovi_I by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

BE2010 Restoration to BE15

hello,   can anybody advise if i can restore BE2010 data in the tape to BE15 after i have done the upgrade of the BE server from 2010 to 2015?   thanks  

Backup Exec Obsolescence Enquiry

Good morning, Please could you tell me when Backup Exec 2010 R2 and Backup Exec 2010 Virtual suite ceases to be supported and what Veritas products they are superseded by? Any assistance is appreciated. Regards, Richard

Resolved! WIN 7 Rollout

Hi, Would Backup Exec be the right software to rollout WINDOWS 7 images. I have a standard WIN7 computer with Raid 1 and need to roll it to other identical 10 machines. If Backup Exec is not suitable please name the software which would help me in ...

FGS by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Remote Console Issues - Downloads/Updates

I am trying to get a remote console up and running but its not working! Fairly certain of the issue but not sure how to fix... Backup Server Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 Backup Exec 2014 Server Version: 14.1 Rev. 1786  (64 bit) Administrative Cons...

IanW82 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 10 refuses to open.

Whenever I open Exec 10, it closes straight away on with 'connecting to media server', literally tried everything, restarted services, reinstalled, edited permissions, ran as admin etc.. can't directly tell what's causing it either as it doesn't leav...

DylCuz by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Report generation

Hi,   My aim is to pull a report on daily basis and send it to a mail group. Report is to be configured for a particular job (for eg:hourly Log backup running on all servers). I have tired  report generation activites in symantec tool , but i coul...

Resolved! Symantec Suggestion

Below has 2 scenarios to propose certain Symantec solution for each of them.   Scenario 1: - Customer has 40 PCs and 2 servers. All PCs run Win7Pro and Win2008R2 servers.   Which product and quantity of Symantec software to quote?   Scenario 2...

Elton_Rasse by Not applicable
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup exe linked job (Duplication) Is being missed

We are using symantec exec 2014. We have scheduled backup for more than 50 servers. the problem we face is the backup goes to queue due to limited source (writable 6 is been configured). Due to this (eg) Mondays scheduled job is been queued and start...

Backup 15 Temporarily Marks some tapes as cleaning

Good Morning, I am running Backup Exec 14.2 with all the lastest updates as of September 1, 2015. We are using to an HP EverStore MSL4048.  When we insert our weekly tapes in our backup rotation, Backup Exec sometimes thinks that some (not all) of ...

Eighth by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

0xe0008488 - Access is denied.

Hello, I recently started to get this when backing up a users computer.  This is just a stardard PC backup.   This is just a sample of a list of similar errors i get.  Job ended: Friday, August 28, 2015 at 3:01:42 PM Completed status: Failed Final...

Backup Exec 15 agents

I was trying to add the agents to the machines that I wanted to backup but when I add the file RAWS32 and then try to run the setup file I get an error about the path and DVD?  A box pops up 32-bit media required, then current installation could not ...

relation between backup exec and desktop agent

Please forgive my ignorance with this issue as this is the fisrt time I am supporting this product.  one of our clients were getting a connection iusse error on their workstations.  apparently they could not connect to the media server.  When I firs...

CaptPhil by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backupexec crash

Hello, We have upgraded to backupexec 2015 fp1 from backupexec 2014. I have also installed consoles on several machines and for every  one of them, we get the following error. Did anybody run 2015 fp1 without problem? Regards, System Information...

Resolved! Backup Exec can't connect to agent

I have been having issues with Backup Exec not being able to connect to a few target computers. I thought I had found a solution to this (restarting target machine, removing and establishing trust, etc) but that doesn't seem to be working anymore. I ...

Resolved! windows 10

I was running ghost v15 on windows 7. Have just upgraded to windows 10 and was requested to enter my product licence code before using ghost. It was not accepted and ghost will terminate in 30 days if I do not obtain a valid code. Clearly ghost 15 r...

hnp by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels