Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Migrate the database from SQL 2005 to 2008R2

Hi,  I am pretty new to Symantec backup EXEC 2014.  I have a SQL Server 2005 instance on my PROD server. I have been given a task to migrate databases from that instance to a different box (SQL Server 2008 R2 on Windows 2008 R2). The current instan...

pokhreis by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! BackupExec v11 open .iv21 file

I have installed BackupExec2013 in a Win7 computer, so I run the back up and got the following files: MINACO2-SCADA.sv2i MINACO2-SCADA_C_Drive002_i001i.v2i MINACO2-SCADA_D_Drive002_i001.iv2i MINACO2-SCADA_System Reserved0-1_Drive002_i001.iv2i So...

Recover of Files

History: We have a server with Symantec Backup Exec that will not allow us to restore files because the server is corrupted. The owners of the server have not been able to get this server up and running and do not have the original symantec backup ...

Maria_W by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup exec 2014 for Vmare 5 VSphere Free Licensed version

Hello, I just purchase Backup Exec 2014 as said It support Esxi But, I would like to know if it (BE 2014 )can backup Vmware Vpshere Esxi 5 virtuel machines ;  we have 3 vm Beacause we have free licensed version of Vsphere as we do not have lot of ...

glibrec by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! PC Backup Solutions

HI ALL, Anyone know an backup solution for PC which need to take on  incrementa basis .      

Backup Exec 15

Tried to install backup exec 15 - it would not let me install the server version on my computer, only the remote option.

539600548 by Level 3
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec backup exec 2014 trial Version

Hi,   I want to check the product benefits so i installed trial version in my windows 7 system. after sucessful installation. it asking for username and password. i did not set anything. can anyone advised me?

Resolved! error backup exec dlo 12.5 and outlook 64 bits

Hello,   I'll try to explain my problem but I don't speak very well english. I use BE 12.5 ans office 365 64bits.   On every laptop in my company I have an error message when DLO is launch and I open outlook. The message indicates i don't have ...

Silent install of the BE 2010 Console from SCCM

So im trying to do a silent install of the BackupExec Console to windows 7 clients (64bit) via SCCM, has any one done this? Not sure what switches I should be using, nor what files I need - im running setup from the be\winnt\install\BEx64 folder wit...

Resolved! Una consulta muy básica

He comenzado a trabajar con una empresa que utiliza Backup Exec v.2010. Hasta el momento está funcionando muy bien, las copias de seguridad son fiables, pero cada vez que quiero hacer un cambio en los backups o crear un nuevo trabajo tengo que accede...

Iron_ by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! backup solution similar to Veritas backup exe for Win 7

Looking for a backup solution similar to my old Veritas Backup exec (9.1) I was running on winXP pro. Now have win 7 64-bit pro, and am looking for a similar solution that will FULLY run on win7 and can handle backup to disks and tape libraries. I d...

Bill999 by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Multiple Locations but slow links

I am using Backupexec 2014.   We have one media server but I am trying to understand how and if this will work.   We have a filer server running BE 2014 as the media server in location 1.   BE runs fine to the local storage.   In location #2  ...

HMorris by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need solution for E-Mail Backup for Outlook users

Dear All,   We are using Outlook for E-Mail for our users. We need to take daily increamental backup of their Outlook pst. The problem is that if we try to take Backup of Outlook pst increamental, it will take full backup. The size of Outlook pst i...

Agent wont install

I have a vanilla windows 7 x64 professional that I need to get backup exec agent installed on so I can put it into production. I am having trouble getting it installed. If I try to copy over the RAWS64 folder and install the agent locally, I can get ...

Ron_W1 by Level 3
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels