Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! setting up SMTP notifications

I have backup exec 2010 installed on server 2003 latest updates and hot fixes installed.  i need some assistance in setting up the alert , emial notification in BE 2010 without an exchange server.  how do i set this up this is a stand alone server.  ...

gow75 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE2010 AVVI, Weekly/Daily Templates plus Manual Full Backups

Hi, We perform backups of VMware 4.x virtual machines using Weekly Full / Daily Differential templates created by policy, GRT enabled. VMs are Windows 2008, Backup Exec is 2010 R3. It works pretty well. (We are upgrading, but need to support this se...

Resolved! Backup exec 2014 Sharepoint 2013 file to NTFS restore.

Hello,   I'm currently working on a case with symantec about the failed restore form the sharepoin to itself but this is not what this forum is about. For testing purposes i tried to restore a file from a sharepoint backup to a local disk to see i...

Xavi by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! DLM and 'Keep for' question

Hi everyone,   I'm backing on my servers and only have space for one full backup + weekly incrementals on our our primary MMS server.  We DeDupe the data to a secondary MMS server that allows for Full backups + incrementals to be retained for 4 wee...

Codders by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! requirements to configure dedup storage

Hi  I will be installing BE 2014 and customer has purchased HP MSA 2040 which will be configured as dedup storage.  I am trying to understand the pre requisites in setting this up.  Apart from the license is there any plugin that needs to be insta...

jinxnbu by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 cannot add folders to existing job

Hello, Backup Exec 2012 Ver. 14.0 Rev. 1798. I am unable to add any folders to numerous existing backup jobs. My procedure is to right click on the backup job, select Edit, and select Edit in the left selection box. I am able to browse the remote se...

Upgrading to Backup Exec 15 from 2012

I am currently runnning Backup Exec 2012 (sp 3) on a Windows 2008 (with SP1) server.  I am evaluating Backup Exec 15 on a VM just to see the new features/enhancements over BE 2012.  So far, my initial inclination is to upgrade to BE 15. To do this u...

Resolved! Automating removal of the MMS feature from servers (BE2012)

We current have an excessive amount of BE2012 Managed Media Servers reporting to CASO. Around 1200 are reporting to a single CASO server. This creates significant performance issues with the CASO console, it is nearly unusable. I need to remove the...

Backup Exec 15 Agent Installation

We have managed to install the backup exec 15 agent on all of our server but have an issue with one. When we try to remotely install from backup exec we get an error stating that access was denied. We have tried installing the agent manually on the s...

Montsaye by Level 3
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Why won't BE2014 recognize my old backup sets?

We are currently using BE2014 to backup up Exchange.  Nothing tricky.  We keep a couple weeks of backup sets on local storage while also sending everything offsite.  I now need to restore some mailboxes from 2014.   I've retrieved the .bkf files and ...

RunBMC by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup of Esx host failing

Hi, I have a 2008 server running backup exec 14.1 Rev 1786 with the Agent for VMware and Hyper-V installed. I am trying to create a backup job to backup all the vms on a Esxi 5.5.0 host. I have added to root credentails for the esx host and backup...

bemcmd how to fully restore a tape

Hi all, I inherited of backup exec 10 on Windows 2003 and I do not know it, but the goal is to restore fully tape on disk and rebackup all data with an other product. Is it possible to restore tape with the command line ? I have found C:\Progra...

Resolved! Using encrypted tape from BE 2010 to BE 2014

Hi, We have the following:- 1. Symantec BE 2014 on Windows 2008 R2 Std. 2. DELL Tape 3. OLD System - SYmantec 2010 on WIndows 2003 I have BE 2010 on Win 2003 now we have BE 2014 installed on to a new system with Win 2008 R2 Std. I have installed...

Resolved! Full backup of remote server, then import job into bue2012

Here's the issue.. i have a number of servers dotted around the country and have one backup exec 2012 media server which will be the only controller. Can i take a full backup of a site server, copy the .bkf files and "import" these into the backup e...

S_B1234 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Be15 Back up to speed with the library is very slow.

Unplanned downtime since the last backup server, backup to tape libraries speed drops to 50MB/min~100MB/min;   I was tried to uninstall BE reinstall、reinstall the tape library drive does not work; PS: last time there had been a a similar situation,...

Resolved! BE Windows Agent Restart

I supposed it is not required to reboot the agent server when pushing / upgrading Be windows agent on Windows 2008 server. When I pushing the BE2015 windows agent to a Windows 2008 server with BE2014 agent installed before, I tick the option restart ...

Linux server agent

To upgrade Linux redhat 5.11 from BE2010 agent to BE2015 linux agent,no need to uninstall the agent, but can run setup program directly in InstallationSource\LinuxMac ?

Labels