Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Backup to the Network Drive.

Hello. I've got a questions about backup to the network drive. I've made a job for it. Information in this task is very huge, and this process may take 2-3 day or more. How I can resume this process if connection to this drive lost? Or I must start ...

inot by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot write CPS replicated files to tape

Hi there, how can I convince BENT 12.5 to write files to tape at night which are generated by replicatin with CPS during daytime? From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. a CPS Job is running and replicating files from a fileserver. At 10 p.m. starts a BackupExec Job...

Stuck in pre-processing

Backup Exec 11d Hotfix 37 Service Pack 4 Windows 2003 SP2 Tape Drive - Quantum Superloader3 SDLT4 Connected to server using a Adaptec 39320A Ultra 320 SCSI card Trying to backup remote windows server which is in the rack beside the backup server. T...

Email notifications work once then stop working

Hi, We are using backup exec version 12.0 rev 1364 on windows server 2003. I have setup email notifications for multiple alerts (job success, media warning, etc.) They work for a day or so, after I have setup the mail server and restarted the srvice...

Backup Exec and Quantum ATL1500

I've had BE running with a Quantum ATL 1500 for a several years. Recently, the Quantum had some hardware issues and had to be replaced. The new library is the same model but a different serial number and is not being seen by BE. I've upgrade BE (for ...

rpaul by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Hyper-V and VS 2005 R2 with 12.5

We just upgraded to Backup Exec 12.5 in order to add support for Hyper-V backups only to find out 12.5 will not backup any virtual environments without the new agent.  At least with 12.0, we could use native VSS support to backup Virtual Server 2005,...

dlux by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Media List incorrect

I have a simple backup routine which includes the use of only five tapes. I name these tapes for the day of the week (i.e. Monday, Tuesday....).  Usually this works properly. On a couple of my customer's servers when I look at the Media list I see th...

Can't backup some exchange folders

Maybe this question was answered before, but the search engine was not very useful... So, maybe somebody can help me.   I'm having problems backing up some user's folders in exchange mailbox. This is an error I get:  V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not ...

ykoles by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! VSS Snapshot Warning

I get the following exception on every backup when it gets to the system state.  The backup then takes a very long time at this point as well:   ================================== EXCEPTION ==================================   Backup- System?State...

Store.exe crashs by starting Symantec Veritas Backup Exec

First, the system of the client. We have several customers with the same problem, but different systems - this is just an example of one of our clients. -------------------------------------------------- Windows 2003 Server Std. SP2 Intel Xeon CPU 3....

Inovatec by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels