Did you mean: 
Backup Exec.cloud
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Backup Exec 2015 Cloud Backup

Good Day, I am using Backup Exec 2015 and would like to implement backups to the cloud. I would some suggestions as to the best solution. I was thinking about using Backup Exec cloud connector for Microsoft Azure. I wanted to know what is the best an...

Resolved! Symantec Backup Exec 2014

Hello to all, I am an intern in a mining company and we want to use a cloud backup solution as we have many small sites spread all over the world. So we are trying to find a solution that meets our needs. After searching about cloud solutions I foun...

Charis by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE.cloud restore to new computer - files are not accessible: security

Has anyone attempted to restore BE.cloud files to a new computer? I needed to do that for a client who's computer crashed, and every single file is inaccessible because of Windows Security. I am told by support that this is the way the product work...

kahml by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Robotic library connected to SAN

Hi,   I have a robotic Tape Library connected to a SAN through an ISCSI connection. how can i connect the Backup Exec server to view the robotic library with out connecting it to the robotic library directly.   Can i connect the backup exec serve...

lanloun by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Cloud server data sync to server

Hi , We have one cloud server which has important data. we will create one local server with the same specs and would like to sync the data from the cloud server to the local server on a daily basis after hours and backup the data.  Does symantec Bac...

Resolved! Replacement options for Backup Exec.cloud

Now that Symantec has announced that Backup Exec.cloud has only one year left to live, I was wondering what the residents of this forum plan to do to replace it? Starting in January I plan to search for a similar type of product - one that can back-u...

kahml by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Performance problems on Backup Exec.cloud

Hello, I've less than 10 desktop/servers backed up with backup exec.cloud. Principally for office data (.doc, .pdf ...). We use this service since march 2013 and in the first times it worked really great.But since late october, the service backup exe...

yoann_rt by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Agent Connection on DC

Hi There, I have just created an account and setup the agents for a company we work with over 5 servers. All the agents have installed and are successfully backing up except on the DC's.  Both DC's are on Server 2003 Standard and the agent installed ...

Resolved! Very Disapointed

I have installed Backup Exec.Cloud on 3 computers so far I think the product needs lots of help, Mainly the rate at witch data is transferred. All 3 clients had good bandwidth (at least 5MBS up and 20 down) The uploads are taking way to long. This mo...

IN4NI by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Error? Why

I am logging the following error however clinking on it provides no additional infmoration A backup recovery point has been created but it is incomplete due to errors. Where can I look to find out more?   Thank you

IN4NI by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec.cloud Extremely Slow

I downloaded and installed Backup Exec.cloud trial yesterday, and the transfer rate is extremely slow. I started the backup yesterday and only 280 MB have been transfered. I'm running Windows server 2003 with Exchange Server 2007. I'm trying to backu...

Resolved! Upgrade to Backup Exec.cloud?

I was wondering if it is possible to do an upgrade from BE2010 to Backup Exec.cloud?  I've seen articles about upgrading from BE2010 to BE2012 but nothing for BE.Cloud

Resolved! SQL Restore from exec.cloud

I configured SQL database Backup in continuous mode, but when I want restore information from a previous day, only appear one or two point of restore (Two hours at day). The Question is How much information could I lost in this restore scenario? 2. W...

andrademac by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backup Linux in the cloud.

Hi all, Anybody knows a solution for backup files from Ubuntu in the cloud, I think a combination between BE 2012.cloud and Windows 7. But how I can put files from Linux to Windows?  

donk2000cl by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup exec.cloud agent

My backup exec.cloud agent is displaying the error: "The backup agent is operating with a stale data encryption passphrase", The uninstall and reinstall process didn´t work. I don´t remember I had had a encryption passphrase.  

andrademac by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to set up retention period for Backup Excec.cloud?

How can I change retention period for backed up files? Or the whole storage? I'm backing up database dump and it's created again every night. There is no point to save files older than 2 weeks as this is 2nd level backup (if everything else fails or ...

Resolved! Development Backup Exec.Cloud

Hi all, Looking at the number of forum posts on the Backup Exec.Cloud product, it seems that either no-one is having questions or issues, or that the number of customers is limited.. Is this the main location for discussing questions and informatio...

dsfeiken by Not applicable
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Understanding the Catalog

I'm having some difficulty understanding the Catalog. My minimum requirements are to be able to restore from B2D for 1 month and be able to see at least 3 months in the catalog (for Tape) in order to meet our SLAs. I have my Catalog set to truncate a...

TipRoc by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Share Point backup fails

hi could you please any one help me to get resolve the backup fails on sharepoint 2010. V-79-57344-65300 - The Sharepoint resource is not responding. Backup set canceled.