Did you mean: 
Cluster Server
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Licensing for Veritas Cluster Server

Hi, Symantec (Veritas) Cluster Server license (to run on an HP server) The cluster server licenses will be running on 2 virtual Windows servers each with 8 cores. Is this enough information?

_Shk_ by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! VCS with GCO\Windows2012\VMware 5.1\IBM SVC SAN based mirroring

We are looking at potentially using VCS for a cross site DR project and have been told by a solution provider that we can use the GCO option in VCS to allow us to have Windows 2012, running on VMware, and using IBM SVC SAN based mirroring. They have ...

ianbd by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! regrep question

Hello, Why do we need to setup the regrep  resources on VCS? The reason why I'm asking when we install application such as SQLserver or anything keys will be in both node since we are putting the binaries on both nodes. We will have registry key in ...

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! MSMQ 6.0 for Windows 2012 R2

Hello. I installed SFWHA 6.1 on Windows 2012 R2 64Bit. And I configured MSMQ. But I couldn't online the MSMQ.   SFWHA MSMQ_A Log  - AgentFramework 17125  MSMQ:EV-MSMQ:online:Services is not running.   Please help me

jckim by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Upgrade and Backout question

Hello,   I would like to upgrade our VCS/StorageFoundation to next level. We are currently runnin  6.0.1 an we need to upgrade it to 6.1. I am doing a preparation here. I have checked the SCL, it looks good,   When we do upgade and if there is a...

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! VCS license update

Hello, We have downloaded the Demo version and configured the VCS, now we bought the licence. It is running on Windows 2008 R2. How can I update the licence? Do I need to shutdown the service? Or can I do it on the fly?  

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! :SYSTEM@NT AUTHORITY question

Hello Guys, I am trying to see who executed  the following command.  what is   SYSTEM@NT ID ? Sorry guys I am new to Windows.   2014/10/10 1:12:04 VCS INFO V-16-1-50135 User (system1_sql\Administrators):SYSTEM@NT AUTHORITY fired command: hagrp -of...

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to change Authority attribute through Cluster Explorer

Hello, I am wndering how we change the Authority attribute through Cluster Explorer.  It looks like it's an attribute that can't be edited through the GUI.  We are currently running on version 5.1 and on Windows Server 2008 R2.   Thanks!  

How to enable "Add/Delete Remote Cluster" this function?

I have finished configured Service Group and I am going to configure GCO function! The first step is add remote cluster, however that button is always grey, I can't enable it and I can't do the following things! Hope someone can help me and give me...

Resolved! Lanman local setup

I'm setting up a lanman resrouce and instead of using the DNS server, I just put the IP addres and host name in the hosts file like unix,  but when I did nslookup, it is not picking it.   I'm running windows 2008R2. Do I need to do any thing else? ...

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SQL Server 2008 on Veritas Cluster

Hello, On the purpose of testing the new version of Veritas cluster, I created 2 nodes that contains SQL server binaries. This 2 nodes are identical on configuration, and attachement to the SAN over ISCSI. On the official documentation, they recom...

Jimb2k by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! SQL server issue

We have configued the SQL reservice and trying to bring up SQL server, but we are getitng the following error message, but REG resource is online. Would this cause SQL to not to come up?     LibLogger.cpp:VLibThreadLogQueue::Dump[156] 1514/09/15 1...

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Compasite file sharing issue

We are running composite file sharing on windows 2008 and time to time user's can't access to the folders and we need to  bount the service group.   There is no error on engine  or composite log files.  Do  you know what process handles all the sha...

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

VCS installation issue

I am trying to configure VCS on windows 2008 to troubleshoot one of the issue, but getting the error in the wizard.   Please check the sceenshot.      

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Lanman service question

Hello,   What windows process or service manage lanman resource? Some of the users are tyring to access composite shared folder and some times they get disconnected and we need to restart composite shared folder resources and lanman. Is there erro...

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! VCS mount question

Hello, I have got the following request. and let me know is there a way I can setup.   I  need to setup a  SQL server  on Windows 2008 and data will be on RDM1. Also, there will be another RDM2. Some times customer wants to start the SQL with RDM1...

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! how to install the guest component of SFWHA

In SYMANTEC HIGH AVAILABILITY Soultion GUIDE for VMWARE P22 You can install the guest components in the following ways: ■ Using the product installer Use this method to install the guest components in physical or virtual environments. For more d...

ylin-123 by Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Un-clustering a simple 2 node SQL cluster

Can anyone point me in the direction of some good articles or info on removing clustering all together.  Here is our setup, 2 physical nodes, SFHA 5.1 SP2, 2008 enterprise 64bit, SQL 2005.  We just don't need the clustering component anymore and are ...

krash by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos