Did you mean: 
Cluster Server
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Fileshare vs CompositeFileShare

Hi,   I am new to Windows Fileshare and compositeFile Share.  What are the diffrences between Windows fileshare and CompositeFileShare?    

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Enabling resntoff trigger

Hello to everyone. I have a resource that some times fail and then the clean of the resource fail too. So the resource remain on-line. I want to enable the resnotoff trigger in order know when the resource clean fail. I have configured the trigger ...

Resolved! Migrating to new Array

Hi, We will be doing a Storage Migration from EMC Clariion to EMC VNX. Our vendor is suggesting to use MirrorView to block replicate the LUN from CX to VNX. Once they have completed the LUN replication, they will remove the CX LUN and present the n...

Query on changing node ip and virtual ip on a 2 node cluster

Hi Guys, Beginner / Novice on Storage Foundation, need some advice on how to do stuff. There is a 2 node windows cluster along with VVR for replication to DR site. It was in DMZ and now bringing it outside the DMZ, so need to change the node ip and v...

Majid_K by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Trigger script question

Hello, I would like to setup a script to tirgger before the service group is online. In the startup I need to feed 2 arguments.  How can I set it up? Sorry this is the first time I am trying to setup. preonline_script.pl  systemname  servicegroupname

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VCS Service group configuration

Hello Guys, Need some explanation and clarification here. I have two systems installed with windows server 2008 R2. The both server currently have two hard drives the C drive and an E drive. The E drive on the both systems are currently connected v...

Chukwuemeka by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! What could be license strategy ?

Environment OS = Windows2008 Application = Oracle DB and Oracle developer Processors on each system = 2 Cores = Each processor quard core One WIndows Server 2008 machine with Oracle DB (Oracle version 11g) and Oracle developer installed. As we know t...

Zahid_Haseeb by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! What should we do to alter virtual fire drill data

Environment SFHA/DR = 6.0.1 OS = Windows 2008R2 Clustered Application = SQL 2008R2 Query At DR Site Service Group for FireDrill is created and online. Any thing I change at Primary SIte Active node, refelect the changes at DR Site fire drill snapshot...

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! V-52410-49479-116

Environment OS = 2008R2 SQL = 2008R2 SFHA/DR = 6.0.1 Primary Side HA working fine(tested switch over locally) Query I am facing the following problem while running the DR wizard. I re-run the primary side cluster wizard as well as service group creat...

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Not able to see system of DR for switchover

Environment OS = Windows2008R2 SFHA/DR = 6.0.1 SQL Server 2008R2 Query:     I am not able to see the DR site node when I select the remote switchover. See the below snap for reference:  

• 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

is mirror view agent supported over windows 2012 ?

Hello to all, recentlly I install VCS 6.0.2 over windows 2012 for a file sharing service betwwen two cluster nodes, global group has been configured using mirrir view agent. global resource will not come up, becouse of a mirror view faulty . all reco...

Resolved! VCS for SQL Server

Hello,  We have a 3 node VCS cluster running 3 SQL Server 2008 Standard Edition instances in A/A/P role. I want to add another SQL instance in this existing cluster configuration. I read most of your forums and documentation guides.  I would like ask...

Resolved! Un Installing SQL Server 2008 R2 from Passive Node

We have an Issue on one of our Veritas Cluster sitting on Windows 2008 (6.0), SQL Server 2008R2 was not Installed properly on the passive node, when they tried to upgrade the SQL Service pack from RTM to SP2 there were errors with respect to the loca...

GM008 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Info about Oracle Data Guard Agent for VCS

Dear All I am working on gaining knowledge about Oracle Data Guard Agent for Veritas Cluster Server for Windows Server. Any help from the community will be helpful for VCS version 6x Thanks

Use of event triggers not working

Hi, My environment, SFW-HA 6.0.1 & Windows 2008 R2 node 1 & node 2 in one cluster with EV service group server 3 (not part of cluster) has CIFS shared folder \fileshare   I need to have \\server3\fileshare mounted as drive Z: on active node before EV...

Yet by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 35 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! how to use a network share folder (CIFS) on a service group?

Hi, I have below environment, node 1 & node 2 SFW HA 6.0.1, Windows 2008 R2 node 3 with shared folder (\\node3\folder) use as Vault Store EV service group   i need \\node3\folder to be part of EV service group and failed over between nodes as part of...

Yet by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Removing missing drives and volumes

We have LUNs that were removed and now I can't remove the volumes or diskgroups.  I need to remove the volumes, disk groups and drives drives from Veritas Enterprise Administrator

PapaLan by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos