Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Insight
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Does Data Insight Support PGP Encrypted Folders?

I have a Data Insight customer who is in the process of deploying PGP to provide secure encrypted folders for their file-shares. Is this supported, and does it require any changes to the collectors to enables Data Insight to scan these folders? Kind...

Resolved! DQL report problem

I am attempting to create a Sensitive files with violated policies report from the template. I have uploaded a .csv with the policies named, however when the report run and I look at the output, no policy is listed. I have included the script, any su...

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! DQL reports failing

I am running some sample DQL reports from the templates provided. I am having success with some however, some are failing on different indexers. Anyone else have a problem with failures?

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Scan failed exit code: 263

Hello. I have a server OS Win Srv 2012r2 with Data Insight Version 4.5.0.4800. Connected with an agent Filer OS Win Srv 2012r2 with Shared Folder. The account from which the scans are the most rights to the maximum level of the file system and shar...

fox_neo by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Aging Reporting

Trying to generate a report that only shows files older than 2 years or 5 years. Dont want to see/gen a report for what is 3 months old, etc. Only files over a specified age.

Obi_Wan by Level 3
Employee Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Looking for best solution to find growing folders

We have a number of filers we monitor, and every so often someone will decide to dump a HUGE amount of data on them.  Space runs out, and then we get to track down where the culprit is.   My question, is- has anyone found a decent solution for this...

kdrone by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Integrating file server with Data insight

Hello. Any one who can guide me what credentiials of file server should i put in Data Insight server.I am facing problem when i put file server credentials.i am attaching snap shot.it would be better easy for understand. 

Resolved! Tracking audit files

How does one determine where an audit file that is stuck in the err folder? The name has the format audit_cifs_... Is there away to use that 5 digit number that follows the cifs_ to know which filer it originated?

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! High amount of backlog on Indexer

My client has an indexer that has over 30GB in backlog audit files located in the inbox. I have done some digging and found the commd0.0err log, this shows numerous errors. These errors range from "files could not be consumed in batch mode", to "repo...

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Indexer configuration

I am looking at one of the indexers deployed within my client's environment and in "C:\Program Files\Symantec" the file is empty. This indexer is running slow and has over a 30GB backlog in the inbox. Are these related? What is the best way to fix th...

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! DQL syntax error

I am trying to create a DQL report. I am receiving an error message, it states: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ID, expecting END. The rule I have mashed together looks like this:   FROM activity   GET user.name         user.domain      ...

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Audit log information and SharePoint reports

Hi, I am trying to determine what precisely some of my DI reports are telling me. Specifically, related to the Access details report, it is my understanding that SharePoint audit logs differentiate between a "view" (e.g., going to a site or a librar...

Resolved! DI Scan Settings

Is there a way to set up scans in DI that would only scan large directories (1GB+) and ignore all others?

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Data Insight

I have a question. We are using Data Insight 4.5.1 on our SharePoint 2010 sites. We have a large SharePoint farm and do not scan all of the sites. We have loaded the WebApps to DI and within each WebApp we selectively scan specified site collections....

Resolved! DLP info into DI

Is it possible to get DLP scan result info into the DI environment. My client wnat to be able to show someone that not only has their data not been used for over a year, it has confidential data with poor permissions. 

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! collector nodes

Do the collector nodes talk back to the Indexers via normal RPC ports?

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos