Did you mean: 
Data Insight
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Tracking audit files

How does one determine where an audit file that is stuck in the err folder? The name has the format audit_cifs_... Is there away to use that 5 digit number that follows the cifs_ to know which filer it originated?

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! High amount of backlog on Indexer

My client has an indexer that has over 30GB in backlog audit files located in the inbox. I have done some digging and found the commd0.0err log, this shows numerous errors. These errors range from "files could not be consumed in batch mode", to "repo...

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Indexer configuration

I am looking at one of the indexers deployed within my client's environment and in "C:\Program Files\Symantec" the file is empty. This indexer is running slow and has over a 30GB backlog in the inbox. Are these related? What is the best way to fix th...

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! DQL syntax error

I am trying to create a DQL report. I am receiving an error message, it states: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ID, expecting END. The rule I have mashed together looks like this:   FROM activity   GET user.name         user.domain      ...

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! DI Scan Settings

Is there a way to set up scans in DI that would only scan large directories (1GB+) and ignore all others?

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! DLP info into DI

Is it possible to get DLP scan result info into the DI environment. My client wnat to be able to show someone that not only has their data not been used for over a year, it has confidential data with poor permissions. 

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! collector nodes

Do the collector nodes talk back to the Indexers via normal RPC ports?

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

dashboard.db

How does the process gather data. "My client is asking how does a server decide which indexer to draw info from?"  We have found older dashboard.db files in updates folder on all of their deployed indexers. How does the process work from processors t...

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Data Aging report bucket size

I am attempting to edit the bucket size for a data aging report. The default is 48 months but I would like to run reports where the bucket size is 24 and 36 months. 

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Indexer/err folders file retention

In the last few weeks the indexer/err folders have been receiving and retaining files. There files contain .err, .sqlite and .isqlite files. What is best practice for getting these files out of the folders. In a couple of instances the backlog is nea...

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Help on Customized Report with DQL

Hi team,   we want to build a csv report which can be formatted as below for a specific file type (example; txt files) : Pathname | Total Size | Bucket 1 | Bucket 2 | Bucket 3 | Bucket 4 We have got the pathname | total size ok, but need some gui...

L33CH by Not applicable
Partner Employee Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Filer share listing

On certain filers, when mapped to the root, no shares are listed. However, if manually mapped, the shares are listed. Is this an issue with DI or something else?

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! ADScanJob issue since upgrading to 4.5

We upgraded Data Insight to 4.5 and the time it takes the ADScanJob to run has increased from 2 hours to over 4 days. We are seeing this in lab environments as well as multiple production environments. I was told by Symantec engineering that it is fi...

Resolved! DI configuration modification

Is it possible to modify the configuration of the DI environment to monitor filers in a cluster as individual servers? Large environment with DFS clusters, needing to monitor the servers in the clusters as individual servers to allow Data at Rest to ...

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Data Insight install error

Installing Data Insight on SharePoint, during the install error message of Error registering Web Services: Error adding solution. STSADM tool exited with Code -1. Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

drahrig by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Data Insight - looking for best way to get aged data

Currenty running 4.5 Data Insight, and looking for some thoughts on how to report on old data.   I've been using the 'Data Aging' report, and our org needs data broken down by 1 year, 3 years, 5 years, and 7 years.    Regardless of how I set the inte...

kdrone by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Data Insight - backlogged files

We are running Data Insight 4.5, with multiple indexer/collectors doing file scans and Fpolicy across nearly 2 dozen netapps.   Is there a 'best method' to address the lag between an event occurring (such as a file being deleted from a filer) and w...

kdrone by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

datainsight, showing contents in workplace > contextmap

Hi everyone, symantec data insight 4.5 has been installed in our environment. Within Datainsight we ´ve just implemented and configured filer and several file servers. The system works fine and shows all scanned directories in file servers. When wor...

mesfun by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos