Did you mean: 
Enterprise Vault
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Client Driven PST Migration - Ready to copy

Hi, Testing PST Client Driven Migration for test user. There is no PST locater task - assuming its not mandatory. PST Migrator task shows 6/9/2009 2:11:08 PM Number of retries after a networking error: 7 6/9/2009 2:11:08 PM Delay time before a ...

fasoy by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Pst import - need advice

Hi, This year we will need to import PST FIles for a customer of us in EVault. The license will soon be bought, but meanwhile we need some information. (We already have EV running...) For giving management an overview of how much time it wil take, ...

BartP by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Abnormal growing of Index volume after upgrade

Hi all, During february 2009, we've successfully upgraded our Vault from v6 to v2007SP4. However, since that period I observe an abnormal growing of the Index volume. In attachment, you'll find an excel file contening 2 tabs with growing trends of In...

Resolved! Migrate FSA from Windows 2003 to Netapp

Hi, Our customer currently use Windows 2003 as a file-server and use Enterprise Vault FSA for archiving. Now they want to move the file-sharing to a Netapp including the placeholders for EV. We have mirrored everything to the Netapp using Netapp O...

Resolved! Enterprise Vault 8 w/EMC Centera

Our environment is currently running EV 8 with an EMC Centera storage device. Ideally I would like it to perform in the following manor. -Email messages that are older than 90 days get archived off and replaced with a shortcut -Archived messages ne...

Resolved! question about index

I've some question about index: 1. Why an index can failed? 2. If an index fails, what actions can I do (on order)? 3. If the index of user User1 fails, what User1 can't do? Only the ev search? Thanks for your support

Resolved! Report: Archived Items Access

Having problems generating report for  "Archived Items Access" It says there is no data available to display. EV 7.5 SP 5 Auditing is enabled Looks like something is still missing. Any help would be appreciated

fasoy by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

'Very' large DA customer database

EV2007 - SP5 / DA 2007 - SP5 / SQL2005 64-Bit / Exchange 2007 Premium Journaling I have a DA customer database that is 200GB, and it seems to be growing about 3-5GB/day.  ~ 10,000 custodians and 100+ cases with Legal Holds. I have 2 general questio...

Aaron_Mears by Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

PST Import same PST twice

FOr one of our clients we have imported a PST file. After importing we noticed that the Deleted Items wher not imported and we needed to do that. What happens when we import the same PST file again? Wil this result in duplicate items or wil the impo...

Resolved! Enterprise Vault Server Overloaded

Hi, We have 1 EV Server (EV 2007 SP2) running on a Win2003 (x86) hardware. We have approx 1500 Exchange Mailboxes which we are archiving. We also have Journal archiving enabled. SQL Server for EV is local on this same server. The issue we are cur...

ISyed by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

EV SQL database movement

Hi -- we have Enterprise vault 7.5 SP3 with local SQL 2000 server Database. In order to consolidate SQL servers we plan to move database from local SQL server to remote SQL server (2005). how do i proceed SQL database movement. Thanks in Advance S...

Sridhar by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Remove EV Sever/Vault Store

Hey All- We've just introduced an EV server and new Vault Store into the topology and it turns out that its not going to be used. I was wondering if there is a best practice for accomplishing this, as simply uninstalling EV didn't do the trick.  Som...

Symantec Outlook Add-In

We have deployed outlook Add-in on 2000 machines but some users are having problems. 1. SMS push was not successful. 2. Manual install does not bring the enterprise vault icons We restarted the machines but no luck. Its been 2 days and have install...

fasoy by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deleting Orphaned Archived Items from Vault

Hi, Exchange 2003 SP 2 Enterprise Vault 7.5 SP 5 We have not provided users the ability to delete from archive. Users have deleted their shortcuts from mailbox but archived items still exists in Vault. Is there a way to delete those archived items ...

fasoy by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Archiving Virtual Directories

We are starting to plan to implement file system archiving. We have a concern with archiving virtual directories. Our instructor in class stated we may need to modify the timeout on IIS, otherwise he didn’t see a problem. I can’t find any additiona...

CMBB by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels