Did you mean: 
General Veritas
Discuss general Veritas topics here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Does More than one Techn work at Symantec?????

1. NO ONE IS ANSWERING THE PHONE ANYWHERE AT SYMANTEC 2. YOUR PHONE SYSTEM IS REPORTING 1 MIN THEN OVER AN HOUR 3. I WAS ON HOLD OVER TWO HOURS 4. I HAVE ANOTHER ISSUE WITH BACKUP EXEC 5. EVEN YOUR SYMANTEC OPERATORS CANT GET THROUGH TO SUPPORT ...

dnoble by Not applicable
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

update error

just installed NIS MAC 4.1 and every time i try to update it says there was an error, im running 10.5.8...... any ideas?

Joeshow by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPSHELLRES.DLL not found

I recently uninstalled Symantec Endpoint Protection (SEP).  However, it looks like a .dll file VPSHELLRES.DLL has now become problematic.  Microsoft as well as numerous sources on the web say that this is a Symantec file.  Trouble is, whenever I try ...

Norton AV locked up a file on my hard drive.

Hi, I'm new to this website, and I'm not sure where this topic should go; in fact, I find navigation on Symantec Connect to be the worst, and least obvious that I have ever encountered.  Plus it wouldn't let me change my password; what is "field {0} ...

Fraydo by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Enterprise Support Portal – Create A Case Broken (HTTP 400)?

I am trying to log a case and get “The webpage cannot be found - HTTP 400” error instead, this is when on Step 2 and then selecting “Yes - continue to create this case” and then selecting continue.  Anyone else seeing this or know if it can be fixed?...

pro_gti by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Bsod Error c0000218

I started getting the bsod with error c0000218 on both of my pcs at the first of Decemer, 2010.  Running corporate edition 9x.  Tried everything short of formatting the hd and reinstalling XP with sp3.  Ran several spyware and malware removal apps to...

pucci by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Error message 0x20000003

Hi, I know this has been asked before, but how do I get Symantec to run in Safe Mode with networking?  My computer has gotten infected with the faux antivirus program Antivirus Action.  The program prevents me from opening any of my files including S...

my norton internet security update is not working

hi all , well i have norton internet security 2010 instaled on my laptop running on windows 7 home premium 64 edition , i dont have an internet connection right now so i downloaded the intelligent updater from another pc and take it on a flash memory...

SInNer by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

2 folders with unusually large size

Hi everybody. "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection" Capacity of 2 folder  xfer and Quarantine very large all file File in xfer and Quarantine are automatically generated please help me!

HongNTM by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot scan

Every time Symantec tries to scan my hard drive, it stops after about 3 seconds and says 'scan stopped by user'.  This happens whether it is doing a scheduled scan at 2:00 AM or whether I manually start a new scan.  How do I correct this problem?

tpoole38 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Norton Security Suite V.4 live update problem.

I downloaded Norton 360 Version 4. Its the Comcast version. It has been running great ! Well, until i turned on my PC the other day and my definitions are 3 days old and out of date.  When i click fix  Norton does its live update. When its done,...

jden24 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

WinFax Pro Modem errors

Error Message: You have plugged a digital phone line into your modem. This message occurred after changing phone service from AT&T to Charter bundle. How can this be resolved or can it?

Blank Popup Windows After Symantec Uninstall

Good afternoon, I recently uninstalled a Symantec antivirus client on a computer that is a hand-me-down from a friend, running Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. After uninstalling the program, I now have multiple blank popup windows that occur infrequ...

jake1984 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ghost 2003 stopping during a restore

I hope someone can help   I am trying to restore from a ghost image on to a sata hard drive in an usb hard drive caddy using a laptop but for some reason the restore either gets to 45% complete or 65 % then stops. No error message or any warning at ...

ccSvcHst.exe - Application error The instruction at <memory location> referenced memory at <memory location>. The memory could not be "read."

I need help fixing this error. I have already checked the forum for this error and noted that there was a similar post over a year ago that went unsolved. I am running Norton Internet Security 16.7.2.10 plus add-on pack 3.7.0.19 under Windows XP Pr...

BradyJB by Not applicable
  • 20 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Need help Clarifying if this is a virus.

Hi, my antivirus is a Symantec Antivirus, corporate edition if i am not wrong. It came together pre-installed with the laptop that i bought from my school. Yesterday, i recieved an email with attachments from a friend of mine. I opened the attachm...

Labels