General Veritas
Discuss general Veritas topics here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

GUP Multiple - Fonctionnement

Bonjour, Je rencontre des problèmes concernant la mise à jour des déifinitons antivirus des postes clients. Mon architecture : 1 site accueillant 1 serveur SEPM, 15 sites distants téléchargeant les mise à jour sur le serveur. QOS avec priorité bass...

cope_ by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Phisihing calls to Symantec Customers

This is an email I sent to a couple people listed under the Symantec Media contacts as there are is general Corporate contact information anywhere on the website (obivously by design).  I putting this up both as a warning to other Symantec customers ...

Grand by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

How to block Babylon, 7Pic and Sweetimm

I am having a real struggle in stopping Babylon, 7Picuploader and some other crap called Trust (sweetimm) ending up on my XP based desktop. Sweetimm is interesting, it blows kisses at me! I have the latest version of Norton Interenet Security and am ...

Odin22 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

My product is wrongfully labeled as a threat by Norton.

Hi, My product is wrongfully labeled as a threat by Norton and a .dll file is deleted by Norton and thus the product does not function correct. It is the 'File Insight service that warns about this. See image below. I would like to know how my compan...

Resolved! I need help removing a trojan.malscript!html manually.

How are you?  Hopefully you're well.  I just installed Norton 2011 Anti virus for my home computer.  I did a complete scan and when I reviewed the results I noticed that I had a virus called Trojan.Malscript!html.  My software told me that I had to r...

PLA?

Hi, a while back I decided to play the old CoD4 (Modern Warfare 1) on my PS3. Please note that this is LONG. This is not meant to be a story, but an idea of what happened so it will be easier to sort out what was wrong. I noticed a clan tag: [PLA] th...

MixMasher by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Window Security Center

Recently on my PC, the Window Security Center is giving me an alert saying Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition might be out of date.  However, I recently did a live update and have all the current virus protections downloaded and I recently ran a fu...

mcchap by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

help needed - How to remove w32.ramnit!html

I've followed the instructions on how to remove this virus from the symantec website, but it still keeps popping up in my auto protect.The website says disable auto update, get the latest virus definitions, and run a scan...but after restart, withi...

Maxthon Browser Review Required

I came across a browser called Maxthon sometime back. I use it for occasional browsing but I am still not confident in using it against my corporate webmail or banking websites because the servers that Maxthon uses are in China.  Also the browser see...

Resolved! WHATSNEW.TXT Top-ten List

How often the top-10 virus list is updated in WHATSNEW.TXT available in VirusDefs of SEP ????? Latest Update (May 23 2010 rev. 4) shows :- ****************************************************************************** ** Viruses and Blended Threats...

windows defender installation

i am trying to download and install windows defender on my 32 bit xp desktop. but i get a message saying i need to remove microsoft client protection .

triniian by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Waledac id and removal problem

I've got Norton AV installed and have been blacklisted at cbl.abuseat.org who have told me they have detected a waledac spambot on my IP adress (which is a NAT wireless router system). I've run four scans with different av programmes (Norton, ESET, S...

Ubermuse by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Need help Clarifying if this is a virus.

Hi, my antivirus is a Symantec Antivirus, corporate edition if i am not wrong. It came together pre-installed with the laptop that i bought from my school. Yesterday, i recieved an email with attachments from a friend of mine. I opened the attachm...

Packed.Generic.200 and Spyware Protect 2009 - PLEASE HELP

OK, here is the deal. Yesterday while troubleshooting something with Apple (iTunes), I was instructed to disable my Norton 360. When I enabled Norton, I noticed something "funny" about my computer performance. Next Spyware Protect 2009 popped up, and...

BigDogBK by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Confused???

Hey, I have a small question... Today I did a comprehensive check for virus' and other threats on my computer. I decided to randomly look at what it's scanning and it said that it was searching stuff like Trojan.dls EliteKeyTracker.fjha and other th...

Labels