Did you mean: 
General Veritas
Discuss general Veritas topics here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

PLEASE post product queries in the relevant forum! Links below....

This General Veritas forum is for 'general Veritas topics', NOT for product-related queries.If you post here, your product-related query may not be seen for days.... or weeks! Please find product forums here for best possible visibility: Protection: ...

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 0 replies
  • 1 kudos

username@statse.webtrendslive.com Cookie

I have a user that has a tracking cookie that continously turns up on our daily report. Symantec Endpoint Protection scans his computer once a day, locates and deletes the cookies, only it turns back up the next day. I have cleaned out this temp file...

FJBIV by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! My Symantec Portal

Hi! I can't open my Manage Case page on My Symantec Portal. I already updated my browser.     Thanks!

nbuengr by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Package Servers & Task Servers

Hi, We use Altiris 7.1 infrastructure and I am relatively new to the Altiris Technology. I would like to know about the following: 1) What is a Package Server and Task Server ? 2) Purpose of setting the relative servers 3) How to define the task...

Amateur by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! ProComm terminal

Hi. Our business had a power reduction on 10/16 which led to a power outage. Once the power was restored I have been unable to get on the ProCom(?) site to access the controls for our HVAC system. I get a blue screen with a yellow flashing rectangle,...

Starting Out Ghost Solution Suite

I could use a little help/advice on getting started with Ghost Solution Suite 2.5. First off, I have the product installed on my PC and am finishing up one PC to create the image from. All the PC's that'll be receiving the image are identical.   Ca...

Resolved! GUP bandwidth

Is it normal for the gup client to eat up a lot of bandwidth like for a couple hours downloading content? Mine has been downloading content, global index for hours.

Baccus by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Doing Windows update on Ghost image

Hi I have created ghost images for different Dell laptop sometime ago. Because windows updates are always constant,  i was hoping  that i can do the windows updates to the image itself instead of creating an entire image again. I saw this article sa...

Solutions for Config. Change Audit by Symantec?

Are there solutions by Symantec for.. Configuration Mgmt. Secure Configuration Assessment. Configuration Change Audit. (real time) Privilege Identity & Access Mgmt.   Vulnerability assessment. Vulnerability Mgmt.

Rayyz by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Teamviewer Secure Alternates?

We are researching secure alternates for tools like teamviewer for our organization to support clients/users connected within corporate network and over the Internet.. Recommendations and details are highly appreciated! Thanks!

Rayyz by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Cannot install norton systemworks?

i uninstalled norton systemworks because of a fault,i now want to reinstall it,but i get,failed with error code 12,and then,failed to register file types,then error1722 problem withinstaller package, any ideas what is causing this.

How to open URLs from report column in a new window

Hello,   Could someone help me to create drill down on report to be able to open URLs which are result of following SQL code:   DECLARE @v1_Package_ID uniqueidentifier SET @v1_Package_ID = '%Package_ID%' SELECT p1.URL, s2.Name FROM SWDPack...

Resolved! Symantect Renewal and Firefox

Today I renewed my NIS 2013 and it updated to NIS 2014. I'm running Firefox v27.0 and after the update my access to Norton on the toolbar disappeared. Has anyone experienced this problem or am I the first? I've gone through every option in Firefox an...

Labels