Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NetBackup Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Is there a way to monitor the health of the 5230 appliance?

in NetBackup 52xx and 5330 Appliance SNMP Trap Reference Guide - 2.7.1 Appendix A "Note: Although the MIB file includes software traps, they are not used. NetBackup Appliance does not currently send any software traps." Since the 52xx appliances do...

effiko by Level 4
Partner Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Exchange backup takes too much time

Hi guys, I have a question... My DAG enviroment is composed by three servers every node is a virtual server (VMWARE), but disks where databases (29 databases = 800 GB) are on LUMs. Netbackup enviroment: Master server is Windows 2012 and media serv...

AndresV by VIP
Partner    VIP   
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replication from second copy

Hi guys, My enviroment has 6 5230 appliance, appliance 1 and appliance 2 are working for backups, appliance 3 and appliance 4 are woriking for replications only, and appliance 5 and appliance 6 are replications targets.   I create a SLP like this,...

AndresV by VIP
Partner    VIP   
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Advanced disk space

I´m running out space in my "advanced disk" but in my MSDP I have plenty of space. So I need to know if there is way to "take" some space from MSDP in order to add some TBs to advanced disk? If so, this process involves lose data from MSDP? For ful...

AndresV by VIP
Partner    VIP   
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to migrate backups between MSDP's

Hello people. I have a domain with two MSDP but a MSDP this with 89% in use and another 35% in use and I have backups with one-year retention. In this case, I wonder what is the best practice to migrate a backup between MSDP? I need to reduce a us...

rfmonteiro by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! MSDP Images dependence

How to discover images dependence in MSDP ? I want to delete a large image but I dont know if my MSDP will reclaim a space enough. It would be interesting if there was a tool to inform the dependencies of an image.

rfmonteiro by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup BMR Question

We have a replicated setup between 2 x 5220 appliances (SW version 2.6) – all I would like to know is if I turn on BMR support on our primary appliance, do I need to turn this support on the secondary unit?

Resolved! Need to scrub NetBackup arrays

We are selling our Puredisk arrays and I am wondering what the best practice is to write zeros to the disks. Would a /shred command suffice or is there another procedure to wipe these drives?

Tdizzle by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

mange disk space

Hi,  one of our Symantec Appliance, having very low disk space capacity. overall of 4TB, that only 2TB is available , we are having  weekly, monthly and yearly full back up and daily incremental backup.  Each weekly fully backup take over 30% of dis...

Resolved! Backup all Hyper-V guest machines on a host

We have NetBackup 7.6.1.1 Appliance based infrastructure. I would like to add all Hyper-V VMs to NBU policy so that we don’t have to select the guests indovidually. For example, If a guest is added on Hyper-V which is already being backed-up thought...

Itegral by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

5230 SAN VMware backups - seeing too many LUNS

We mapped SAN LUNs to each appliance using single target and single initiator zoning, but for some reason the appliance is detecting over 300+ path/device/disk (/dev/sg313). We only have about 77 LUNs provisioned on our SAN, so the high counts must b...

Obi_Wan by Level 3
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Mitigating IPMI vulnerability...

N5230 v2.6.1.2. Q1: I have been infiormed that the IPMI on our appliances are vulberable to a supposedly easily exploitable 'cipher zero IPMI attack'.  Is it possible to disable the IPMI features and just run it as an https port so that we can still...

sdo by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Certified
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBackup Appliances 2.6.1.2 is now available!

(crossposted from the Netting Out NetBackup blog) I’m extremely happy to announce that NetBackup Appliances 2.6.1.2 is now Generally Available! NetBackup Appliances 2.6.1.2 is the latest update for NetBackup 52xx and 5330 Applainces and the equival...

CRZ by Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 11 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! Upgrade operating system for Symantec Appliance 5220

Our Information Security team, as per the annual audit, scanned the hosts for vulnerability and found that the OS on these appliance is very old - scan output message says, "Unsupported Unix Operating System". Lack of support implies that no new sec...

Itegral by Level 6
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NFS mount point on NetBackup 5230 Appliance

Hi Team, Please I need your expert advise on this solution: Customer has proposed implementing backup solution via NFS; this solution is based on having the centralized server IPs & file path where to send the backups to. We currently have Symante...

amoramo by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels