Did you mean: 
NetBackup Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Zoning Aix to Netbackup 5230

Hi guys, I just create a zone between AIX (LPAR), 5230 appliance and a storage  like this   As you can the AIX server has two FC adapter each one belongs to a zone,but sometimes I lose visibility from netbackup so I have to go to the client and ru...

AndresV by VIP
Partner    VIP   
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! User Access Management on Appliances

Hi all, Am I reading it right that User Access Management, because it's part of the NBAC, isn't available on the NetBackup Appliances? Does this mean either I can give users admin access or nothing at all? I am aware of the command line ability to ...

R_M_H by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Advanced disk space

I´m running out space in my "advanced disk" but in my MSDP I have plenty of space. So I need to know if there is way to "take" some space from MSDP in order to add some TBs to advanced disk? If so, this process involves lose data from MSDP? For ful...

AndresV by VIP
Partner    VIP   
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup appliance 5230 & Fibre Channel Autonegotiation

HI, I have deployed a 5230 appliance with 2.6.1.2 release. During the configuration of FibreTransport media server, I had several issues with the link between SAN Switch (Brocade 16Gb FABOS 7.3.0c ) and  the target ports on the appliance (port 1 on ...

f_buirey by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to migrate backups between MSDP's

Hello people. I have a domain with two MSDP but a MSDP this with 89% in use and another 35% in use and I have backups with one-year retention. In this case, I wonder what is the best practice to migrate a backup between MSDP? I need to reduce a us...

rfmonteiro by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! netbackup appliance connection with tape library

dear ali   i have netbackup appliance 5220 connected with fibra channel and lan ports   need to connect the tape library IBM TS3200 Tape Library with it   how to proceed with it  ,is there SAS port available on nbu appliance  please advice   ...

syedzeeshan by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! MSDP Images dependence

How to discover images dependence in MSDP ? I want to delete a large image but I dont know if my MSDP will reclaim a space enough. It would be interesting if there was a tool to inform the dependencies of an image.

rfmonteiro by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup appliance 5220 Fan failure error

Hi All,  Can someone please guide on the below alert i have received today not sure If I need to escalate Symantec support to check it.    +-------+ | Enclosure 1 Fan Information | |+-----+| ||ID | Status | Speed | LowWaterMark | State | Ackn...

Arsalan_2k by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Mitigating IPMI vulnerability...

N5230 v2.6.1.2. Q1: I have been infiormed that the IPMI on our appliances are vulberable to a supposedly easily exploitable 'cipher zero IPMI attack'.  Is it possible to disable the IPMI features and just run it as an https port so that we can still...

sdo by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Certified
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SAN Client with Oracle Intelligent Policy

Hi, one of my customers is considering use of SAN Client. Is it possible to use SAN Client and Oracle Intelligent Policy together? I believe it should be possible, because SAN Clent is about transport, OIP is about backup configuration, but since I'...

savas_irez by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

MSDP has no images yet 94% full

I encountered a situation where the NBU 5220 I was replicating to via AIR was 94% full, even though I had expired all of the images from it.  For expediency, I just blew away the disk pool and re-created it to get the desired results.  My question is...

phscott by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup Appliance LUN verification

Hi, Our company just bought Netbackup Appliance and currently in the midst of setting the appliance. Now there is 2 HBA card used with 4 port already zone in SAN switch. Storage we used Netapp and all the WWN already insert in initiator group and ...

Resolved! Symantec appliance 5230: BOMC

Hello   I have tow doubts about 5230 appliance (ver. 6.5):           1) To activate de BOMC option is not neccesary a license, is it?             2) Turn on the "BOMC option" cause some kind of interruption in the appliance (Stop de active polici...

Resolved! deduplication cache disable message

Hi,   am getting below message in the deduplication job from one 5220 to another 5220 in the SLP job log.  Info APPLIANCE1(pid=10527) StorageServer=PureDisk:APPLIANCE2; Report=PDDO Stats for (APPLIANCE2): scanned: 5944290 KB, CR sent: 1089216 KB, ...

mahmedp by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Moving tape libraries to new media server

I just added in a new 5230 media server to replace an old 5200 and im having trouble figuring out how to migrate the two tape libraries over to it.  Does any one know of a way to change the ownership of the robots so that the 5230 has control?  Im no...

Resolved! Master Server cold stand-by on NetBackup Appliance

I need some advise please on the follow requirement guys; We bought two 5220 appliances from Symantec last year with an intention to use as active/stand-by Master servers by avoiding single point of failure for the NBU Master server. We call them Ap...

Itegral by Level 6
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels