Did you mean: 
NetBackup Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Zoning Aix to Netbackup 5230

Hi guys, I just create a zone between AIX (LPAR), 5230 appliance and a storage  like this   As you can the AIX server has two FC adapter each one belongs to a zone,but sometimes I lose visibility from netbackup so I have to go to the client and ru...

AndresV by VIP
Partner    VIP   
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! REplication between Veritas appliance and HP

Hi guys,   My enviroment in principal site is Master server: Windows 2012 and media server is 5230 appliance we are planning a disaster recovery site but I need to use a HP store once (as media server) my master server will be again windows 2012 so...

AndresV by VIP
Partner    VIP   
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Is there a way to monitor the health of the 5230 appliance?

in NetBackup 52xx and 5330 Appliance SNMP Trap Reference Guide - 2.7.1 Appendix A "Note: Although the MIB file includes software traps, they are not used. NetBackup Appliance does not currently send any software traps." Since the 52xx appliances do...

effiko by Level 4
Partner Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Spurious Alerts following Appliance Upgrade to 2.7.2

I have recently upgraded a number of 5230 Appliances to 2.7.2, and whilst all appear to be functioning as expected we are getting numerous alerts relating to disk failures which are 'false'. I am wondering whether there is a BIOS issue here (mismatc...

SYMAJ by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Power8 - netbackup integration

Hi Guys, Im taking oracle backups but jobs are taking too long, these oracle instances are on AIX 7.1 and are running on IBM Power 8. I need to know if there is a way to zone this hardware with 5230 appliance in orden to take SAN backups, because P...

AndresV by VIP
Partner    VIP   
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unable to download patches

Hi, We have a 5230 running 2.6.0.2 and are trying to install more recent patches on it. The first available patch is SYMC_NBAPP_update-2.6.0.3-1.x86_64.rpm. When we check the DownloadProgress, it says its stopped. Any ideas why this would be so? Th...

Fozzie by Level 1
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! "clean up work in post-upgrade"

Hi there, I've got a netbackup appliance 5230 software version 2.6.1.1. I wanted to migrate it to 2.6.1.2 but I realized there is a "clean up work in post-upgrade" since I updated it time ago and I can't download the new version. I tried to cancel i...

Resolved! Re-Image Netbackup Appliance 5230

Hi All ,   I have Netbackup Appliance 5230 , i need to recover it by using USB but the original usb that came with the appliance is missing  also the raid of server has been rebuild so there is no image currently running on . could you please Me...

Resolved! 5230 Appliance Send Mail Notification

Hello Team,   We used appliance for backup i wan to configure send mail notification on master server admin guı not Ops Center? This can be possible i successd for appliance web page and sent it e-mail for users but same time i tried to send e-mai...

kacco by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup Appliance vs DataDomain

Hi   We are in a process to make changes to our current backup environment. Our main focus is to do some changes in our 2 main sites. Both sites have their respective domains with multiple mediaservers (no appliance or DD). What we are trying to ac...

mange disk space

Hi,  one of our Symantec Appliance, having very low disk space capacity. overall of 4TB, that only 2TB is available , we are having  weekly, monthly and yearly full back up and daily incremental backup.  Each weekly fully backup take over 30% of dis...

Resolved! Backup all Hyper-V guest machines on a host

We have NetBackup 7.6.1.1 Appliance based infrastructure. I would like to add all Hyper-V VMs to NBU policy so that we don’t have to select the guests indovidually. For example, If a guest is added on Hyper-V which is already being backed-up thought...

Itegral by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NetBackup 5020 Appliance Data Erasure

I am looking for a procedure to perform a data erasure on a 5020 appliance.  We need to send several appliances back to Symantec.  Is there an official Symantec procedure for performing a data erasure?

Resolved! Audit - Who changed what policies and when

We are running NBU Appliance based environment ver 2.6.1.1 and NBU ver. 7.6.1.1. We are required to enable auditing to capture who changed what policies and when. We also have OpsCenter Analytics that I am sure can possible be useful. Appreciate yo...

Itegral by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! P2V Coversion fails with Status 7

Greetings, I  got involved with one P2V conversion issue which is segementation fault (core dumping) when executing through GUI and nbrestorevm command fails with P2V conversion job status 7. We have Appliances Based Master/Media Server running 2.6...

VPATIL by Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

5230 SAN VMware backups - seeing too many LUNS

We mapped SAN LUNs to each appliance using single target and single initiator zoning, but for some reason the appliance is detecting over 300+ path/device/disk (/dev/sg313). We only have about 77 LUNs provisioned on our SAN, so the high counts must b...

Obi_Wan by Level 3
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels