Did you mean: 
NetBackup PureDisk
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to properly retire PureDisk servers

It was a long journey but time has come... Is there any special way neccessary to remove PureDisk server that was replicating to another one (both data and SPA) or just deactivate the relevant PureDisk agents under Agent management?

f25 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! About Pure Disk

Hi All, Kindly let me know the following few questions about pure disk. 1)what is pure disk? 2)About pure disk architecture? 3)About pure disk deduplication? 4)About pure disk web user interface? 5)Can i know the role of vssadminlist writers re...

Anil_B by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos

Netbackup Appliances 5230 with PureDisk: How many streams?

Hi all, We recently migrated to Netbackup Appliances running Netbackup 7.6.0.1 (Appliance version 2.6.0.1 ) We are running 2 appliances per site, each site is its own NBU domain (We use AIR to replicate). Each appliance is configured with a 70TB Pure...

How to reduce STU size

cfpddr05-nas1.sldc.sbc.com:/backup/src_rep/ebr/cfpddr05/csprd211/nfs_stu001 6805                                                             9915776 66940254720 1119661056    99%    /opt/app/ebr/cfpddr05/csprd211/nfs_stu0                             ...

PureDisk Agent Config File Update is stalled

Hi, I am troubleshooting SPAR replication issue on 6.6.3 PureDisk. On the Destination Storage Pool SPAR jobs start and keep being queued with 0% progress until 24h watchdog kills them. On the Source Storage Pool the SPAR job is killed by watchdog aft...

f25 by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

CLI Command For Dedup Rates

NBU Experts,   Do any of you know if there is a CLI command  that can tell the dedup rate for all the images created, and stored in a PureDisk pool? For examaple, if I run bpimagelist on the master server I get some good info, but not the dedup rate ...

NetBackup PureDisk Pool - Segments folder

Hi all,  We have a PureDisk pool which fills up rather quickly. On inspection there is a Segments folder (\history\segments) on the PureDisk media server which has over 100GB of data.  I haven't been able to find much information on what the data is ...

old_mate by Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Unable to start postgresql 8.3 service for MSDP

Hi , I'm using Netbackup 7.5 and just move netbackup to new server and recovered full catalog. After that unable to restart postgresql 8.3 service , Deduplication services and backup is giving 2074 error "storage server is down " Waiting for solution...

PDDO Data Removal does not run

Hi, Setup : NBU 7.0.1 sending PDDO backups to PureDisk 6.6.1.2 Problem that we are facing on the PureDisk server is that the PDDO Data Removal policy runs, but it stays at 0% and does not clean any data. Any suggestions? TIA Stefaan

PureDisk 6.6.3 with 6 nodes / rerouting MBE for a PDDO agent, it's possible ?

Hi,  I have a Storage Pool PureDisk 6.6.3a with 6 nodes :    - Node 1 / SPA, MBS, MBE and CR    - Node 2 / MBE and CR    - Node 3 / MBE and CR    - Node 4 / MBE and CR    - Node 5 / MBE and CR    - Node 6 / MBE and CR     This Storage Pool work ...

Stephane_COLIN by Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Anyone know whether /Storage/history/segments is required ?

Half my ( correctly sized )  /Storage partition in pddo 6.5 cr is taken up by /Storage/history/segments. The partition is out of space. /data and /databases have their own partitions . Does anyone know the function of /Storage/history/segments and wh...

jkjk84 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Schedule Duplication from Pure Disk Pool

Hi, I have a NetBackup domain that uses NBU appliances running Pure Disk.  They consist of 4 appliances in one disk storage pool.  The people before me configured this domain in quite a hurry, using 49 separate SLP's with multiple storage units confi...

Cidman by Level 1
Certified
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! DR backups fail 26% , pg_dump: SQL command failed

Hi We have had this frustrating issue for a month or more now one one of our SPA's and we have a active case logged but still no resolution.  When we try to a Full or Incr DR backup , it nearly always fails at 26% mark with the following error. [2011...

PureDisk single point of failure

Has anyone run into competitors (Data Domain) who assert that PD has a single point of failure; use of postgress database? If so, what is our response to this assertion. Is it true? Workarounds?

JLane by Not applicable
Employee
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

netbackup puredisk duplication issues - media open error (83)

Hi there, We are having major issues with duplication.  I have 2 media servers and 1 management server, all was working fine until i changed one of the media server IPs. now i cant get a single duplication job to run (all backups and restores run fin...

jwothers by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Extend spanned volume puredisk

Hello, We currently have a puredisk pool of 30TB which is running low in space. I added a new lun to extend this pool. The backup server has this configuration : windows 2008 R2 disk pool is a dynamic spanned volume with 4 lun with a total of 30TB ho...

SeYo by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos