Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! windows server Snapshot

Hi All,   My windows server backup is failing with error 156. Now i have disable open file backup and few files are skipping now.(active files).Client is fine with those files being skipped.   In above  case snapshot will be created?

flood of error code 24

Hi experts netbackup master media client all at ver 7.1  client server all vm servers, all of them in same policy. full backup started running yesterday but after running for     1 hr or so they started failing ,after writing some data. checked netwr...

rookie11 by Moderator
   VIP   
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! VTL and NDMP

Hi All, Can we consider NDMP as VTL? or both are different? Thanks, Belse

belse by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

one of the unix client full backup failing with 24

one of the unix client full backup fails with error code 24. The backup fails only over weekend, that too alternate weekends, incremental backup is always successful without any issue. Please provide a solution for this.

the drive is not ready or inoperable (277)

hi  i have nbu 7 installed on server 2008 i have had no problem restoring in the past but i cannot restore some images from a tape, i  can still run backups to tapes fine when i start a restore job it says "a pending action is associated with the res...

Resolved! BMR Question after backup with status1

Running Netbackup version 7.1.0.4. There are days when a log file is busy when I do a backup, so the backup completes with a status 1. Should I still be able to run a BMR from that backup even though the backup status is not 0

Resolved! what platform is the best for NBU master?

All, We are currently using the HP-UX 11.31 IA64 as our NBU master platform. But we have heard Symantec is going to stop HP-UX support as master soon. We are thinking to move our master to Linux or even Windows 2008. What is your recommation accordin...

FlyMountain by Moderator
   VIP   
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vault - Disk to Tape

Hi Guys. me again. I am backing up to disk. I am using vault to write from my disk backup to tape. Attached is the vault summary. It seems to me that vault is writing only 1 or 2 images to most of the tapes. The tapes are DLT 1.6 TB. I see that the i...

snawaz3 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BMR Restore Client

Hello All, I can not see "client configuration" (BMR client information) settings under bare metal restore client option. I had created a policy and enabled BMR, full backup got completed still there is no information added in  bare metal restore cli...

belse by Level 5
  • 19 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup failing with error code 129. Very often

Hello Friends, Could you please let me know what is the other solution for error code (129) Increasing storage disk space everytime is not good. In our environment,I m new in Netbackup, I am facing this error code very often. File system gets filled ...

Resolved! NDMP backups with Single Tape Drive

Hello,   I have a single HP Tape LIbrary with LTO4 tape drive and a robot. I wanted to use this for normal backups and also NDMP backups. We dont have SSO licensed. Is that possible to use for NDMP and other backups at the same time.  

vamsivaddi by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Oracle backup pieces information in NetBackup

How to find the oracle individual backup piece information in NetBackup catalog? I tried executing the below command in oracle client but the o/p displayed nothing. $ bpclntcmd -ml /bk_1727_1_588103217 -ct Oracle -s 04/01/06 -e 04/19/06   Is there an...

DPO by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! calender scheduling

Hi ALL..   I have a request from client to run the backup a 6 in evening to 2 in night(spans midnight) on 10 and 11 march 2013. I have set the calender schedule.NBU 7.1   My calender schedule spans midnight.i have checked 10 th march in calender date...

Resolved! disk staging restore required

Hi ALL,   I need to restore from my disk staging storage unit.   Please dont lock this thread. The primary copy on disk will not be deleted till HWM gets triggered, till that time you can restore from disk instantly. Though the image on disk will be ...

netbackup disk staging.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/duplicate-full-backup-and-delete-original   1.i have 3 weeks retention on DSSU.after duplication to tape?What will be the retention?will it be 3 weeks?if my image duplicates after 1 week from DSSU.Then? ...

VMWare Host Backup with status 196

Unix Netbackup v7.1.0.4 running on RHEL 6.2.  Two Windows 2008 R2 Standard Media Servers v7.1.0.4.  Backup target is DataDomain dd670 I seem to be plagued with the oddest of problems.  This one is a VMWare backup policy that starts at the beginning o...

trs06 by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backups stop running...........

NBU = 7.1.0.4 Server = RedHat 32gig   getting the following messages in db/error logs ::---> 1362091909 1 2 32 unknown 0 0 0 *NULL* nbjm nbjm waiting - nbrb is not running 1362092510 1 2 32 unknown 0 0 0 *NULL* nbjm nbjm waiting - nbrb is not...

Resolved! Restore Data from a really old tape

Hi, We have a ton of old tapes from a previous backup (not exactly sure what version, but it's probably Netbackup 4.x, running on AIX). Everything (master/media server, tape library, tape drives, backup software) have all be decommissioned years ago....

Labels