Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Migrate from Veeam to NBU

Hi there, Could one of you please let me know how does one change from one backup system (like Veeam or vamar) to centralized netbackup? I read somewhere that it is not possible and the only possibility is to start from scratch and keep keep the Vee...

(219) the required storage unit is unavailable

I am getting this error when I want to make backups. 1. I did run this command   nbstlutil stlilist -image_incomplete -U    Getting this info     root@erpbkmaster # nbstlutil stlilist -image_incomplete -U Image erprdn01_1334467820 for Lifecycle ...

No communication between Library and filer.

Hi All,   We have one tape library with 2 tape drives connected with Filer using FCO card. Library is pingable, FCO card is pingable. Tpautoconf -verify filername  tpautoconf -verify filername Connecting to host "" as user ""... Waiting for co...

Resolved! Backup completed with warning

Hi Folks, i am facing below mentioned issue while perfoming the fulldata base backup.    04/22/2016 15:05:25 - Error bpbrm (pid=22562) from client <HOSTNAME>-b: ERR - failure reading file: C:\Program Files\erst\iXSClient\var\lib\ixsclient.db.lck (...

Reporting/Monitoring is required

Hi All, We have 6.5 and 7.1 mix versions of netbackup round 15 remote sites. We have solaris 9 and windows 2000/2008 backup master servers. Master/ Media are same. We need to have reporting these sites like alerts/monitoring/reporting. Do we have...

Data Size in a NetBackup Master server.

Hi,   I have checked few forums to check the size of data in a NetBackup Master server but only for weekly and monthly data backed up. I need to know the size of the data backed up so far in a NetBackup Master server. i.e., earliest available to c...

Backing up 500GB Incremental nightly

Hi We have netbackup 7.1.0.3 installed on a windows 2008 cluster, which we are setting up and is not yet in use. There are two SAN drives, drive T and U and a quorum drive, which is Q drive. There are also two virtual servers configured, which poi...

Resolved! How to Know the role of machine in Netbackup environment

Hello All, How do I know that certain machine is Netbackup Master, Media Manager and client on Linux Operating system. Is this information is stored somewhere (in File Or some other place) On windows, we get this information in registry key @"HKLM\...

catalog and restore from Backup Exec (13) 2010

Hi As part of a project to mop up a large estate of archive tapes from various backup systems, I would like to rationalise the products in place. Can I use netbackup 7.x  on Windows Server 2008  to catalog and restore Backup Exec tapes version 2010...

mrg9999 by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need Netbackup client 6.5 for HP-UX 11.23

I have "NetBackup-HP-UX11.00 5.1MP6" currently running on "HP-UX hpasgmt2 B.11.23 U ia64 0083832886 unlimited-user license" I want to install "Netbackup client_6.5" on "HP-UX hpasgmt2 B.11.23 U ia64 0083832886 unlimited-user license" now. But i am ...

.NBU_POLICY.MAXJOBS.All_Servers_Policy

I am receiveing the following error: "Limit has been reached for the logical resource backupserver.NBU_POLICY.MAXJOBS.All_Servers_Policy" Does this mean there is an NBU_POLICY.MAXJOBS value that I need to increase the value of?  

Media summary descriptions Active, Scratch, Expired

Apologies in advance for this simple question.   What are the meanings for the descriptions Netbackup give to in use media. Examples I have seen are Active, Scratch, Expired, Vault. Is there an online description of these descriptions and are there...

Resolved! how to enable encryption in policy attribute

please help to check what's wrong in my NB Master. The encryption checkbox is disabled(grayed) in NB policy attribute window and i would like to know how to enable the encryption checkbox I attached a impage as policy attribute for your refer. Tha...

How to configure NetBackup Client Encryption Option(Again)

I am working to enable client encrption in our backup environment and found a link https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH72130 in veritas support site. there are five steps to enable client encryption base on the document. How to config...

How to configure NetBackup Client Encryption Option

i am working to enable client encrption in our backup environment and found a link https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH72130 in veritas support site. there are five steps to enable client encryption base on the document. How to config...

Labels