Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! partial successful backups

stream discovery is failing with error code 26, which is resulting in partial successful backups. can anyone suggest how to get rid off this issue 12/17/2013 20:28:14 - end Stream Discovery: Stream Discovery; elapsed time 0:00:00 12/17/2013 20:28:14 ...

somesh_p by Level 4
  • 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! support for Hyper-V on Server 2012 R2

hello, i'm having some issues creating a policy to backup Hyper-V 2012 R2. i get this error: Error validating Hyper-V machine name. Server failed to list VM's (-1)   could not find any info on the support page related to Hyper-V 2012 R2... does someo...

florin_s by Level 4
Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup failed - can't open object

Hi, nbu server and client are : 7.5.0.6 Client : windows 2008 64bit Backup all_local_drive with BMR enabled and get below error. Can anyone help to solve this?   SET SNAP_ID=clientapp1_1387454421 Shadow Copy Components:\   12/19/2013 19:02:15 - ...

santave by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! DB2 backup gives errors 6 and 214

Master: 7.5.0.6 running on Windows 2k8 Media Server: 5230 running 2.5.3 Client: 7.5.0.4 on AIX Anyone sucessfully backing up AIX DB2 with NetBackup? db2level DB21085I  Instance "scpprod" uses "64" bits and DB2 code release "SQL09058" with level ident...

D_Flood by Level 6
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! User Script is not executing

Hi All, I have created flash backup user scripts for 12 servers. out of that 6 server's scripts are having issue. I unable to get any error msg . I need your help. Scripts are as follows.  D: cd Veritas\NetBackup\bin bpbackup.exe -i -p xxx_D_W_M_ST...

SQL Restore Failed

I'm trying to restore the Database, which is around 60 GB. The job gets failed with "Socket read Failed" Error bpbrm(pid=5016) socket read failed, An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.  (10054). And I have done the below work...

Ramkumar_S by Level 4
Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Status 156 Snapshot Error

Need some help on what is causing our snapshot issues on three different clients. Any help is much appreciated. Environment: Windows Server 2008R2 Master/Media Server (NetBackup 7.5.0.6) NetBackup 5220 Appliance (Media Server 7.5.0.6 firmware 2.5.3) ...

dwilson by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! AIR replication in conjunction with local tape backups

Good Morning All, I have just finished setting up our production environment and we have 1 month of successful backups. My next step is to set up my DR site (in production) and to enable AIR. I had a couple issues with this in my test setup a couple ...

Sput by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SQL backup methods

**** Moved to new discussion from https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backing-and-restore-ms-sql-database ****   Colleagues, I'd like to ask about your experiences with backing up SQL DBs especially if there is possibility to mix two backu...

Exchange Restore - networking problem

All,   Does anyone know how to get round this problem; I am trying to get Exchange granular restore working, but have come up against a networking problem.   I have a Unix media server that is connected to two networks, operation and management (ops,...

Resolved! Missing media id on magazine slot but appears in robot inventory

Hi, When I inventory robot TLD to update media ids, a certain media id (ex. axxx6) appears on slot 22 of tape drive's magazine HCART2 media type. But on the actual magazine slot is empty. This media/tape I need to take out to have it offsite. And whe...

Resolved! How to manually expire several media - backup id on catalog

Hi, I need some help on how to manually expire/delete old media - backup id on catalog. I need to free up disk space of our media server via Puredisk as the disk type. What I am doing is this nbstlutil cancel -backupid <backup id> or doing this bpexp...

Resolved! Error 25 SQL Error

NB 7.5.0.4 WIN SERVER 2003 R2 SQL 2008 ON  operating system WIN 7 (sp1) 12/19/2013 12:10:42 AM - Info bpbrm(pid=7940) listening for client connection          12/19/2013 12:10:48 AM - Info bpbrm(pid=7940) INF - Client read timeout = 1800       12/19/...

inn_kam by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Client not adding automatically

Hi, I created a policy and policy type is vmware when am adding new VM's to esxi server netbackbup is not taking newly added vms and in policy i selected primary vm identifier VM display name then also is not adding new VM's after next backup..  

Resolved! Expiry date queries

Hi, We are using Netbackup 7.5 with netbackup server supported by and IBM tape library.  We have backup a solaris client and the data in the tape expires eg: 1 April 2014, is it possible to extend the expiry date? How to go about it if possible?   Th...

YC by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup AD GRT Agent

Hi Can the NetBackup 7.5 AD GRT agent allow for the restore of individual DNS records? If not what level of DNS granularity can be restored?   many thanks Keir

KeirL by Level 6
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels