Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Netbackup exluding many folders form backup

Hello Team, Thanks in advance for all your help. I have Netbackup server and from it we are taking file server backup. During restoring of files, we found many files and folders are not backuped up with Netbackup. After analyzing, I found issue wi...

Yogesh_M by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Actual amount of data Replicated through AIR

Is there any way we can find out the actual amount of data that is being transferred through WAN (AIR) from Onestie site to Other site. I referred the replication.log on the storage server .but calculating each CR-sent is time taking and Opscenter S...

Auto Image Replication with Remote NDMP

Hello everyone I have a couple of questions regarding a new setup we are looking at in our environment. I've went through tons of manuals, web browsing, etc but I figured I would come here to ask the experts. We are firing up a new offsite location ...

Resolved! Diskpool down, advanced disk using USB external disk

Hello, I have an issue with a customer. A diskpool is DOWN and we are not able to change the status to UP with nbdevconfig. He has this issue since the external USB disk has been unplugged, stopped and plugged again. we try both command without su...

lroucou by Level 2
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Image FORCE_RESTORE option is failing for basic disk STU

Hi I have a media server name XYZ which is having Basic Disk STU - /mount1 I had taken the backup through that Media server., & it was successful. While restoring I tried to restore it via Master server ABC - but it is failing with 83 error code.,...

Resolved! NBU with DD boost over FC

Hi,         I'm currently doing some test for a project that the client is going to use NBU with data domain boost. We tried and sucess to backup data to DD boost through NBU, however, I can't establish the connection between NBU server and DD. Even...

BrianKu by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! how archiving is happening in netbackup?

Hi Team,   can any one please expline how archacing is happening in netbackup ?. and how it is deleting data after duplication is don .means how it is deleting dae datain a primary location? 

sravya by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! BMR backup failed, Status 42

10/10/2014 06:18:44 - Error bpbrm (pid=23179) BMRERR: Received BMR error: Errors were encountered while discovering disk configuration. (1) 10/10/2014 06:18:53 - Error bpbrm (pid=23179) BMRERR: Received BMR error: Send of discovery not attempt...

Recovery issue

Hi All, We have two media servers (mediasr1 & mediasr2) with the same ddboost storage unit configured. On the mediasr1 the ddboost device configured over FC & mediasr2 the same ddboost device is configured over IP. We are trying to restore the data...

ontheark by Level 2
Certified
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! AIR Replication via specific media server

Hi At a client we have a large AIR environment and some DB's that are deployed as media servers. When our AIR SLP's do replications between the various DataDomains, it seems to pick a random Media server. in the past we use to use the Media Server ov...

Exchange Restore - networking problem

All,   Does anyone know how to get round this problem; I am trying to get Exchange granular restore working, but have come up against a networking problem.   I have a Unix media server that is connected to two networks, operation and management (ops,...

Advanced Disk Pool Redundacy Question

Scenario: Advanced Disk Pool with three volumes spread across three media servers. One of the media servers goes offline. Will backups continue to write to the available volumes in the diskpool? Or will backups fail with a disk volume down error? T...

bpdown by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Accelerator Forced Rescan Scheduling

Working on configuring a policy in Netbackup 7.5.0.6 using accelerator.  Trying to create the policy with three schedules, a full accelerator, a full accelerator with forced rescan and diff-incrementals. Ideally, we would like to have the Full Accele...

archive bit

Is there any one knows why archive bit ? and who controle archive bit ? how server  find archive bit  status?

Labels