Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Question Re Netbackup 7.0 and Sharepoint Backups

Hi Guys, I was wondering for the sharpoint backups if i have a differential backup and a full backup being done. Do the transaction logs  automatically clear when these backups are done? Or does an SQL backup have to be done for the transaction logs ...

Laycya by Not applicable
Partner Accredited
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL 2005 Restore Failing with DBBACKEX Has stoped working.

Hi All,  I Several SQL 2005 Databases on a Windows 2008 Server (x64).  Netbackup SQL agent on that server is 6.5.4. I am trying to restore these databases to another Windows 2008 Server (x64) again with SQL 2005.  Using the Netbackup SQL Agent (Versi...

Marky_D by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backing up databases.

Hi, I'm setting up a new netbackup 7.0 system. I'm having a few issues with the policies backing up several MSSQL server. The system takes backup of about 3000 databases in total. Most of them very small, and little change from day to day. The larges...

Resolved! SQLCOMPRESSION TRUE on 7.0.1

Hello everyone, Does anyone tried this new feature in 7.0.1? I just tried this in test environment this morning and its working just fine, got 84% compression ratio and it took half the time to backup and restore. Problem is, the DBA sent me these re...

Error 42 - SQL Backup

I am consistently getting an Error Code 42 during backups of a critical server. I have checked the host properties and they are correct (Master and Media Servers have been added). It is my impression that Error 42 can occur when there is heavy proces...

Resolved! SQL backup scheduling question

The schedule I use currently is depicted in the attached image. The difference b/t each of the schedules is the Frequency/retention time. It's been and still is working just fine. But question is whether it's necessary to have all of the different "A...

SQL Backups fail with status 2, 25 and 58. Filesystem backups OK

Hi all, As the title suggest, we have a DB backup that has been failing systematically. The file system backup runs on but when we try and backup MSSQL DB we get a status 2 on the parent job and status 25 and 58 on spawned default backup jobs. I've t...

palobo by Level 3
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL Server 2008 R2 Clustered?

I know that SQL 2008 R2 is not supported by 6.5.6 but someone has managed to make the backup / restore of a clustered SQL 2008 R2 on top of Windows 2008 R2? Best regards!

Vortec by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup x SQL Server

Hi all, i have one instance of Microsoft sql server with 120 databases. I make backup of transaction log each hour, but i have a backup expansive time because backup is one-one. I usage a parameter batchsize = 10 for better a performance but it is ...

Labels