Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

configurer une sauvegarde de sap installé sur une zone solaris

Bonjour,   J'ai un problème concernant la sauvegarde de sap sur une zone solaris.   la version de netbackup est 6.5.6 tournant sur solaris.   une fois la sauvegarde lancée, rien n'est sauvegardé, le script passe comme si tout va bien, et le code de s...

l_samadi by Not applicable
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Sap with multiple retantions

Hi, i have several policies witch backup files of SAP istances. I using old custom scripts with tsm. Three scripts, the first initialize the backup, the second selects the correct file. utl depending on the day, the third run the backup command. I w...

luca72m by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NetBackup for SAP

I was looking through Enterprise Support web-site, but didn't found relevant documentation. Maybe you have the answer. How does NetBackup work with SAP online backup  (RHEL 4/5 and Oracle both 10 and 11)? I have only Admin guide - this doesn't help m...

UFO by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SAP Backup fails after 15 min

Hi   On a SAP Server that is backuped using backint and rman. This server is NBU Media Server 7.0.1. The SAP Backup Job exits with Code 50. In die RMAN Log File we see the following lines: Starting Control File and SPFILE Autobackup at 19-MAY-11 rele...

PQuicken by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Restore SAP Backups using RMAN

Hi   we are trying to do a desaster recovery test for SAP on Oracle. After having done successful backups the sap admin tries to recover the oracle database based on the backups we did with the brtools. When you to a list backup of database we get th...

PQuicken by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Status 46 server not allowed access

Hi,   We have linux environment, Master /Media and all the client are running with Redhat 2.6. We have installed NBU 6.5.4 on all the systems and backup is working fine. Recently we have installed VMware and created linuxVM's. On six linux system's n...

Ajju by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Creating snapshot policy

We are currently testing using NetBackup snapshot policies with Hitachi ShadowImage. I have some questions that I'm hoping you geniuses and gurus can answer for me. Our environment: NetBackup 7.0 Master Server on AIX 5.3 ML11 NetBackup 7.0 Media Serv...

RGuinn by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup restore of SAP via jnbSA ???

Hi Experts, Could you help me with some strange question, please?   Last week i moved an old 5.1 NBU-system to another hardware (I know: EOL, but this is only for restoring old data). Old and new systems are both Solaris.    This origi...

Droesel by Level 3
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! SAP Agent after upgrade to NBU 7.0

After upgrading to NBU 7.0.  and as part of the upgrade SAP agent will be removed. Is there a way to re install as before the upgrade, I mean not from scratch especially it’s a lot of clients. Also the same for Oracle.  

Amin123 by Level 4
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels