Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

VSS volume set prepare failed

Hello all,   While trying to backup a windows 2003 server, I received the following error in the bpbkar log: Inf – VSS volume set prepare failed In the server event viewer I can see the following error: Data ontp vss hardware provider failed ...

ronen by Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with NetBackup Desktop and Laptop Option 6.1 MP3

We installed the NDLO 6.1 MP3 Stand-alone. We have a problem with the permission in the user folder. When we install the desktop agent the DLO create a user network folder and it put 3 users to acess the folder, the administrator of the storage, the ...

netbackup on oracle

We have a oracle 10g database   running on HP UX 11.11 (has active and a passive node servers for failover)    Are oracle licenses needed on both the active and the failover node ? Do i need to purchase a oracle agent license for both the activ...

Ashz_Tomz by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore RMAN Scripts to another location

Hi, I'm using the default RMAN restore template. Backup is succesfully. Hence we are performing a restore test. One thing I note is that there isn't an alternative location for DB restore. How do you include that into the RMAN script. Thanks.  Includ...

Puffy by Level 6
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! update for Oracle Agent

I want to know if exist update for Unix/lLinux Oracle Agent and where I find it??????     Regards Marius Demeter.

MariusD by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Net Backup 6.0 MP6 Compabitility with Lotus Domino 8.5

I have a couple of questions relating to Lotus Domino 8.5 and net backup 6.0 MP6.  A quick reply would be great as I need the information relatively urgently. Is Lotus Domino 8.5 (64-bit) on Windows Server 2003 (64-Bit) platform compa...

HBA scsi reset on SAN Client

Hi all, yesterday I installed 6.5.3.1 hotfix on a media server. It is also a FT media server (Linux Rhel4 x86_64). Before installation,  I stop all NB services (FT service nbftsrvr included) and, after, I restarted them. The problem is that we had ...

client Netbackup on PE disk

There is a task: to create downloading disk (PE) with the inserted client Netbackup. Somebody, please, promt me, who tried to do the same? and how could I do that?

Mark this one!

Here is a vaulable, helpful link for NetBackup users. Save this one as it is something you will want to go back to time after time. It lists the new problems being encountered, technotes to fix thos problems, new documentation, configuration, tips an...

Stumpr2 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

How to Restore Oracle DB Backup

Hi Team, I am running Netbackup6.0 MP4 on Windows 2003 based Master Server. We have a unix based media server "GENX" that is running Oracle DB with NB Agent. we are talking full online db backup using RMAN and backups are working fine and completing ...

Resolved! Services and Retries

I have 2 Questions here 1. How to check whether the NBU services are running on a client from the master or the media server remotely either in windows or a Unix Client. is there a command to check it,   2. How to change job retry for a client. Is th...

Prab by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Management Pack 3 (6.5.3) remote push installs

I can't find the remote push install within the upadate 3 install files. I wanted to push the mp3 to my 6.5 installs but the source file seems to be missing the component. It only has the option of install to local machine. Anyone have ideas how to p...

Resolved! get rid of vnetd messages

Hi, in RedHat EL 5x I have a lot of Mar  9 18:33:40 servername xinetd[4917]: START: vnetd pid=22869 from=x.x.x.x Mar  9 18:33:41 servername xinetd[4917]: START: vnetd pid=22870 from=x.x.x.x Mar  9 18:33:41 servername xinetd[4917]: EXIT: vnetd status=...

netbackup DLO respurce issues

W ehave over 1000 users and we do not have more that around 200 or less per server connected. Are there logs or reports I can run to determine if this is running optimully thank you

zenworksb by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup 6.1 DLO network storage issues

Hello I have a issue with My network storage filling up and I am looking for best practices for DLO so that I can go though does anyone have a link. or recommendations It looks to me that the data is not dropping off after 30 days like specified? whe...

zenworksb by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sharepoint WSS backups in 6.5.3

I am backing up a Windows Sharepoint Services site with NB 6.5.3.  The client is Windows 2008 x64 VM image, the Master and Media are both on a Red Hat EL 5.1 x64 machine.   When I back the "whole farm" up (i.e. not doing individual documents) the sys...

mikhael47 by Level 3
Partner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SAP Agent on HP-UX and error 25

Hi.. I have a problem with SAP Agent on HP-UX 11.23 IA64.. NB has 6.5.3 patch installed, Media Server and Master also is on HP-UX.. There are policies to full backup using backint and policies to backup archivelogs.. Schedules have Inline Copy option...

dlo best practcies etc

Hello I have a issue with My drive filling up and I am looking for best practcies for DLO so that I can go though does nayone have a link. Here are the things I am looking to review Evaluate storage capacity load balancing capacity planning; tuning p...

zenworksb by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels