Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Start a VMWare backup from the guest system / client / vm

Hello. I can start a backup with "bpbackup" froim the Master Server, but how can i start a normal Fullbackup from the guest? The following will work from the Master or Media Server. bpbackup -i -p <VMWare_Policy> -h <Name_of_the_guest> -s Full -S ...

Resolved! VM primary identifier

Hi, i'm new with netbackup (we are testing with) and i have two question. I manage a medium sized vmware environment with about 1.500 vm's. We offer a private cloud for some adimnistrators with special applications. The vm administrator can create, ...

Resolved! NetBackup AIR for old Backup images

I have implemented AIR in my existing NBU environments and it is working correctly as designed for any new backup is performed. Is there a way to get one of the old backup image (The backup which was performed to Tape prior to implementing AIR) dupli...

Dip by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Still looking for AIR Cloud providers...

So I started a discussion back in July 2013 regarding cloud providers which might provide AIR.  Now I understand that there is no "integrated" option within NetBackup to do this, so I'm wondering if there are any service providers which "host" NetBac...

elanmbx by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Synthetic backups

I currently backup to a datadomain 860 with OS: 5.4.1.1-411752 and firmware 2.6.23. Assumeing I've enabled synthetic fulls on the datadomain, what must be done from Netbackup to begin running synthetic full backups ?

NetBackup Tools - keep it handy :)

Some of the NetBackup tools that you would like to keep it handy while performing any troubleshooting related task :-   1) Log Upload Utility: Symantec NetBackup nbcplogs simplifies the tedious, time consuming, and error prone task of copying the ...

Resolved! error 21 / 25 by a RMAN Online Backup

Hi. I have a problem with some RMAN Online Backups. In the Netbackup Activity Monitor i get some errors "socket open failed  (21)" and  "cannot connect on socket  (25)", but i can restore the database! What is the reason? The network between my ba...

Resolved! Repeated error 86 Netbackup 7.5

Hi All,   I have Netbackup 7.5 run in Solaris 10. There is these two online backup policies that use 7 tape drives streamingly. But, since 5 days ago, there's always error 86 appear among the streaming   Every time one of both policies above ...

sheriff_e47 by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 16 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! BPLIST Script

i would like to see if anyone has successfully created a BPLIST Script that can show files backed up from the previous night.  Basically i am trying to view backups between 8pm and 8:10pm every night.  I can view the output using the following comman...

Catalog failing with 160 then retrying and succeeding

I have a catalog backup that will fail with code 160, retry, and the complete.  This doesn't happen every day, it's more like every other day.  The job does run everyday.     I have split the services up between 2 different service accounts to make...

rcos152 by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Netbackup VCS Cluster 2 sites

Hello everybody, fisrt of all I want to thank you for helping me to solve my issues.   This time i need to setup a netbackup server global cluster distributed in 2 sites. Each site has its ip addres segment so when the service group is runnin...

Resolved! Restoring an individual e-mail or mailbox in Exchange 2010 DAG

Hi,   I've got Netbackup (7.5.0.6) perform a VMware policy backup on passive node of 2-node Exchange 2010 DAG. Is it okay to perform a restore on passive node? Should I perform a restore on active node? I had a read through a link(https://www-sec...

JKIM1 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Drive Scan host not active

Hello , we are facing above problem in our environment. When we up one drive on any media server , we are getting drive scan host is not active error.This error is getting almost all media servers , which we tried to up the drive.   Master Server ...

Resolved! netbackup 156 error

Hi All, We have a windows client that gets 156 errors, the Netbackup client is  on 7.6.0.1 I have attached the bpcd, bpbkar and bpfis logs.   VSS  open file backups are activated   C:\>vssadmin list providers vssadmin 1.1 - Volume Shadow Copy ...

Resolved! Updating Java on the netbackup client.

Hello, I'm updating Java on our Solaris 10, RHEL 5 and SLES 11 servers. I'm using NetBackup 7.5. The current version of the java the NetBackup is using is 1.7.0_25. The current version of Java is 1.7.0_55. The client versions are located here; /usr/...

Labels