Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Using HSM (Thales or SafeNet) with NetBackup 7.x

Hi all, I am a 'newbie' with regards to NetBackup so please excuse me if this is a dumb question... I have a request to encrypt tape backups for regulatory reasons.  I realise that NetBackup has it's own encryption tools. I also understand that the...

Resolved! How can i Delete Fragmented imaged from Tape automatically

Hi All, In our environment , we have noticed that the data content/Size written on the tapes are not up-to the actual capable size. when i check images available in a tape, i do see that there are Fragmented images(i.e. Expired images). Need to kno...

Netbackup deployment for cloud infrastructure

Hi All, I would like to know if anyone have deployed netbackup enviornment for cloud VMs like in Amazon, Azure, Openstack   basically i would like to backup machines created inside cloud using backup software One soution i can think of -  master,...

rVikas by Level 5
Partner
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Suspended Media

Hello Experts, I could see many medias in one of the library in Suspended state. No idea Who did it and why? Does netbackup do it on its own? Any troublesooting steps to check how these got suspended? Thanks,

Resolved! Library Understanding

Hello Experts, We have one library IBM3500. I need to know how to know which library is under these category? Is the below library or Robots? ACS TL4 TL8 TLD TLH TLM Also please let me know which are latest libraries and which are older(Less ...

Resolved! Migrating NBU catalog from Suse Linux master server to an NBU Applianc

Hello Guys,   I am required to migrate a Netbackup catalog from a Suse Linux master server to an NBU Appliance. IP and hostname will not change. I have read this technote: https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH203048 and I have a questi...

Bongz_83 by Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Limit of number of characters of backup file path

Netbackup supports maximum file path name of 1023 characters as mentioned in the below technote. https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH43036 As per the limitation, we cannot take the backups of files with paths exceeding more than 1...

Resolved! Query for number of policies and jobs

One quick query that How many Policies one can create on a server in Netbackup   One of our backup server  does backups of 2 non-GEO testlab OSS:es. There are about  31 policies and about 600 jobs in activity monitor . We faced an issue where   J...

Resolved! expiration date on backup images no longer following specified time

I have combination of SLP policies and “normal” policies and I’ve just notice that around 5/10/16 all the expiration dates for full backups (which should be 6 months after the backup date) are all two week expiration dates. The SLP and regular full ...

Kernal by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

NBU 7.7.x SQL Database backup license count required

Hi Veritas, I have total  6 SQL DB server to backup. 6 active in ESX1 and 6 passive in ESX2.  All these are VM servers ESX1  CPU = 4x 15Core 2.8 GHz. NO of SQL DB VM = 6 ESX2 CPU  =  4x 15Core 2.8 GHz NO. of SQL DB VM =6 Total CPU per EXS host ...

Media Server Offline

Hello Experts, We have one media server that is having issues so we want to make it offline for some time. I have deactivated it from Devices=>Media Servers. So is it fine approach or need to do something else before doing this step? Plesase help...

Resolved! Standalone Tapes

Hello Experts, We are running out of the tapes on one IBM3500 library. Tapes expire on this library on its own and then we reuse it we dont offsite these tapes. I checked in Standalone and I could see there are many tapes which are in Active MPX as...

Resolved! MSSQL bpbackex not running successfully

Master and client are at 7.7.2 I have created a script for running transaction logs from the client name tranlogs.bch. tranlogs.bch OPERATION BACKUP DATABASE $ALL EXCLUDE "master" EXCLUDE "model" EXCLUDE "msdb" SQLHOST "serverA" NBSERVER "ma...

GDYR_MPD by Level 4
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

No System State/Shadow Copy Components Backup

Hello, Is there a global setting or command to make sure all win2k servers' system state/shadow copy components are backed up by ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES directive? We have to add Shadow Copy Components or System State directive and requests Wintel admi to ...

zuri by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Duplication via SAN

Hi Guys, I'm having problem to make my SLP to run via SAN and hope you guys can help me or give me some ideas on this. Here's my environment details. All Netbackup running on version 7.7.2 1 master server - Linux Redhat41 clients - Linux RedhatTh...

Labels