Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Move Media Servers to another Master Server

Hello, I have this posibility: I have 4 Media Servers, 2 of them with an Oracle Agent.  I need to move them to Master Server B, because Master Server A is going to be used for other applications. Media, Master Servers and tape library are  in the ...

Resolved! Netbackup Client Side Dededup - client name change

I have had to change the client name in bp.conf - and the server was using client side dedup. when I go to try a restore the older files are not listing under the new name - which makes sense. I thought the next backup job to run would rerun everyt...

Resolved! Exclude Pagefile and Recycle Bin/Recycler

In an attempt to fight the ever-increasing need for backup storage, I am playing with the exclusion list.  Excluding *Recycle.bin* and *Recycler* (not sure if I needed to list *Recycler*), on a test server, bought me 5MB of savings.  That's not worth...

rsamora by Level 5
Certified
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Catalog size in netbackup 7.6.1.1

NBU version : 7.6.1.1 Master : WIN2K8R2 Ent 64bit My Catalog size already grew to 1 TB. 1TB is the catalog size limit for NBU 7.6 based on the attached best  practice documentation from Symantec. Please can any one validate this? And if positive, ...

Dollypee by Moderator
   VIP    Certified
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Error 2809 on SQL Restore

Hi,    i've this problem when i try to restore SQL DB on same client from Backup Archive and Restore application. This is log: 12:16:00 30/09/2015: Restore Started 12:16:03 (1303.xxx) Found (35) files in (10) images for Restore Job ID 1303.xxx ...

Resolved! C drive backup gets stuck for hours on certain files

Hi Team, I would like to know what can be done for below issue as i my backup for C drive is failing or gets stuck for hours when tries to backup below files, i have excluded these files as of now and ran backup to make it success, however it does no...

pk-it by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup client server network port configuration

Netbackup client server network port configuration We have some Dell PowerEdge servers running Windows Server 2008 R2 that are connected using a fiber optic NIC and want to connect them to a backup network using their onboard copper port.   When ins...

GHas by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

vCloud Director Backup Policy

I have an issue similar to this here:  https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.TECH217214.html 'VM retrieval failed, server = <vcloud.customer.address>., nbu status = 1, severity = 1(1)' I cannot however check the ncfnbcs because it is not show...

VMware backup jobs stuck in "Begin Writing" after upgrade to 7.7

We have been backup up our VMs for several years without problems, but after a recent upgrade to 7.7, random jobs hangs after the Begin writing message. This happens regardless of how many VMs there are in the Query. I have scanned through the BPFIS,...

322621021 by Level 3
Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SQL Server Backup and Restore failed in Netbackup

Hi all I have created a batch/script file for SQL server 2012 backup, Script creates successfully on my SQL server. After that I created a policy for SQL server backup and add that script file in my newly created SQL backup policy in Netbackup 7.6 ...

Resolved! Tracking hostname in netbackup policy

Hi All 'm using netbackup 7.5.0.6, In the catalog backup, I saw a list of tape backup and polciy name. Currently, this policy is no longer existed in policy list. We need to chech host name in this backup policy catalog. Can we do that or any net...

Vmware CBT restore in Netbackup ?

It this a feature people could/would use if available ? Seems to be a function in the vmware api, where only the changed is moved in a restore which of course makes it faster than a traditional restore. Personally I have mostly restored either sing...

Resolved! Looking for column headers for "bpdbjobs -gdm"

The -all_columns and -most_columns options are more than I'm interested in, and the "gdm" option says that it displays "less information than most_columns", but I can't find the actual column headers. Some are obvious, but others are not. Is there an...

Resolved! SharePoint Backup - File read failed(13)

SharePoint Backup - File read failed(13) Job Details: 9/28/2015 10:44:05 AM - Info nbjm(pid=33232) starting backup job (jobid=1691888) for client srv10744, policy TESTE_SHAREPOINT2010_HML, schedule FULL   9/28/2015 10:44:05 AM - estimated 69 Kbyte...

Labels