Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

WIN32 5: Access is denied Netbackup 7.0 restore

Hi Guys, I am kinda stuck in a situtaion and need some help, I have installed a new Windows 2008 R2 server which will replace my old Windows 2003 file server after the data migration is done. I have backed up all the data from my current (W2K3) file ...

Inventory Robot wrongly telling me the device is up to date.

I have a Dell ML6000 Tape Library and usually import tapes by slotting them into the media access port, then going to Inventory Robot, clicking "empty media access port" and then start.    However since yesterday Inventory Robot is saying the library...

Backup to Disk and to Tape

I have any enviroment with both Physical and Virtual (VMware) servers I want to backup to both disk and tape. I have no fiber in the enviroment so I don't see FT w/SAN client being an option So I think that leaves me with a SAN media server.  But sin...

Kahlan by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Error requesting media (98)

Hi Guys,       I had one of the weirdest situation around I guess. My backup had error requesting media error during a full blown backup (all clients running at the same time and jobs being queued). The weird thing is, not all jobs face the same prob...

khaiyen by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

PHX User Group Meetings - What do YOU want to hear more about?

Hello fellow Phoenix Backup & Archiving group members, There are currently 4 Symantec Backup & Archiving User Group meetings each year in the Phoenix area, yet only a small group of members attend on a regular basis. We would like to improve attendan...

Netbackup 7.0.1 bmrd very high cpu load

I use Netbackup 7.0.1 to backup about 180 clients. But the cpu load is very high even i don't backup anything.The problem process is bmrd. top - 10:34:05 up 25 days, 16:12,  5 users,  load average: 7.91, 9.44, 11.90 Tasks: 244 total,   8 running, 2...

Speed down

A media server doing backup of it self (over suse). At the beginig the velocity it is about 26 MB per second, but after an hour it reduces until 5 MB, why it can be happend. Any idea, Netbackup 7.0.1. thank in advance.

Symantec Desktop and Laptop Option for NetBackup 6.1

we've just purchased several DLO licenses & are in the process of our final pilot. Currently users must connect to our VPN fist, then it will backup to our servers.   Is there any way to allow the DLO client agent to connect to a DLO server via RPC, ...

boykasem by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Image cleanup is cancelling the backup jobs

Hi, I re-open a problem I already discussed about, without to answer your questions. I expected the following problem. Sometimes, the image cleanup job is running during the run of other backup job. That have as consequence that the running backups ...

Severin by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! hot catalog backup

*newbie* netbackup 6 mp7 Hi all.  My hot catalog backup is completing but only partially as files are "busy or inaccessible". The file list is CATLOG_DRIVEN_BACKUP and I can't determine whats causing the problem or where to start the diags. Any ide...

-matt- by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Restoring from NetBackup tape with Backup Exec

Hi, I have tapes backed up with netbackup. I tried to restore these through Backup Exec 12.5. But at very first step during inventory i got error message that 'ODBC Access Error. Possible lost connection to database or unsuccessful access to catalog ...

Resolved! Oracle 11g R1 and Netbackup 6.5.4 support or known issues

I have to upgrade an existing Oracle 10g R2 10.2.0.4 to Oracle 11g R1 (11.1.0.7) and would like to know if there are any support issues from Veritas.  Are there any known issues between Veritas Netbackup 6.5.4 and Oracle 11gR1? Can you point me to ...

yakub21 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Image cleanup is cancelling the backup jobs

Hi, I expected the following problem. Sometimes, the image cleanup job is running during the run of other backup job. That have as consequence that the running backups are all cancelled: (...) 23.06.2010 01:00:34 - begin writing 23.06.2010 03:...

Severin by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Image inconsistency error

hi all, i am getting image inconsistency error while extending the retention of an image... following were the logs. . C:\Program Files\Veritas\Net Backup\bin\admincmd>bpexpdate -recalculate -backupid  -copy 2 -d 07/06/2010 Are you SURE you want to r...

hariyu by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels