Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! ANY MATERIALS FOR A FRESHER TO CRACK THE CERTIFICATION EXAM

Hi, i am fresher going to da certification on Netbackup tool. please give me any suggestions as : 1) which certification will help me a lot to work on Netbackup all kinds of services. 2) materials which can be helpful for cracking the exam other t...

Resolved! how archiving is happening in netbackup?

Hi Team,   can any one please expline how archacing is happening in netbackup ?. and how it is deleting data after duplication is don .means how it is deleting dae datain a primary location? 

sravya by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

archive bit

Is there any one knows why archive bit ? and who controle archive bit ? how server  find archive bit  status?

Resolved! backup Performence

how to improve backup performance(For example I am running a backup  operation it is taking 10 hours (consider ) then I need it  to finish  it within 5 hours or below mean as early as possible is it possible or not if possible means how Give me an ex...

Resolved! SLP

What is SLP? why SLP? what are the disadvantages and advantages of SLP? is there is any alternative is there for slp? what is deduplication can u give an example for deduplication?

Backup to Disk and to Tape

I have any enviroment with both Physical and Virtual (VMware) servers I want to backup to both disk and tape. I have no fiber in the enviroment so I don't see FT w/SAN client being an option So I think that leaves me with a SAN media server.  But sin...

Kahlan by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

PHX User Group Meetings - What do YOU want to hear more about?

Hello fellow Phoenix Backup & Archiving group members, There are currently 4 Symantec Backup & Archiving User Group meetings each year in the Phoenix area, yet only a small group of members attend on a regular basis. We would like to improve attendan...

Resolved! NBDB error.

I stop the nbu server using netbackup stop. And then I can not start the netbackup. In the /usr/openv/db/log/server.log there are some errors: I. 07/26 13:07:22. Using a maximum page size of 4096 bytes I. 07/26 13:07:22. Starting database "NBDB" (/u...

Netbackup 7.0.1 bmrd very high cpu load

I use Netbackup 7.0.1 to backup about 180 clients. But the cpu load is very high even i don't backup anything.The problem process is bmrd. top - 10:34:05 up 25 days, 16:12,  5 users,  load average: 7.91, 9.44, 11.90 Tasks: 244 total,   8 running, 2...

Consolidated backup

Dear All,   Regarding the consolidated  backup, has anyone already implement this yet ? When I look at the documentation, it appears that Consolidated backup does not work with non-windows guest OS for file-level backups.  I will need to see if this ...

fatra by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Desktop and Laptop Option for NetBackup 6.1

we've just purchased several DLO licenses & are in the process of our final pilot. Currently users must connect to our VPN fist, then it will backup to our servers.   Is there any way to allow the DLO client agent to connect to a DLO server via RPC, ...

boykasem by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Symantec Backup tool using poor data link

Hi I work in a company with 30 subsidiary offices, and  these offices are connected with our headquarter using data links ( 700kb - 1MB) . I'm looking for a backup tool to backup data from subsidiary servers, storing data in our headquarter, using ou...

Netbackup 7.0.1 console slow to open

Hi, We have just upgraded to Netbackup 7.0.1 from version 6.5.6. Everything is working OK, but opening the Windows Console is really slow.  Once it opens there are no issues, but when you double-click on it, it takes at least 30 seconds to show the s...

Resolved! NOM download

Hi,         We are using netbackup 6.5.3.1 and solaris X86 as the server. I am planning to install the NOM. I have downloaded the base pack for NOmM "NetBackup_6.5_OpMgr.tar.gz". There is no packages availble of X86 in the site. But for 6.5.4 there ...

Labels