Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! NBU DLO Error

Hello All, I am facing this strange error while creating the storage unit. Storage unit is one flder on the local HDD (D drive) of the server. also there is not any error in the event viewer. below shown is the screenshot of the error..

Deepak_W by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NDMP setup

Is it possible to make 3 drives available for 'local' backups and leave 3 for 'remote' backups? We have a new Dell ML6000 tape library with 6 drives. I added all 6 FC drives to a new media server for 'remote' NDMP backups. The remote backups work, ...

dz3000 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Import phase 2 just sits on begin reading

Hi Guys, I am import some backup exec media in to Netbackup but it seems to be hanging?!? I'm not sure if this is normal or not as I havent needed to do this before! Detailed status is shown below 24/06/2009 16:45:23 - requesting resource A00002 2...

Extended Error

Hello All, I am using NBU 6.5.3 (windows). Everything was working fine but now my backups started failing with Status Code 252. Status = extended error status has been encountered Anybody faced same issue ?? Thanks Deepak W

Deepak_W by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

media error

hi all can any one tell how to read media error.. when i checked media error i got error in this format .. 06/22/09 07:01:52 6207L3 11 TAPE_ALERT IBM.ULT3580-TD3.10 0x10000000 0x82000200 06/22/09 08:16:43 6207L3 2 TAPE_ALERT IBM.ULT3580-TD3.07 0x1...

Nitesh by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup 6.5.3 Image Cleanup: media open error(83)

Hi everyone, Anyone experienced the Media open error for the Image Cleanup job? Apparently it seems to be looking for a storage unit that has already been removed. Anyway in order to delete cache details of this storage unit? I checked google but d...

rclegarto by Level 4
Certified
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

NBU 6.5 on RHEL

Hello All, Recently I have installed NBU 6.5 on RHEL 4. But after installation whenever I reboot my RHEL server that booting process is very slow. In the booting details it shows each and every process which is starting, but it takes time when it i...

Deepak_W by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Limiting Access to NOM data

We are a user of NetBackup NOM 6.5.3. We are trying to get the NOM Web GUI into the hands of a few of our critical users and would like to limit their access and view to only a few clients. Providing an userid to NOM gives the user full access to our...

Resolved! Hot Catalog Backup failed with 141

I have configured hot catalog backup on my master server. I haven't made any change to the policy but somehow these backups are failing with status code. Host: puneboxi Date: 06/12/2009 18:32:40 catalog backup to path F:\Netbackup_Catalog FAILED E...

Deepak_W by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! cannot connect (Status 25) & WIN2008

Greetings to All: Having a little bit of an issue in trying to backup a WIN2008 - SP1 Client. I keep getting the dreaded cannot conect on socket (Status 25) error message. (Status Code 58 from the Admin Console) I have tried pretty much everythin...

Resolved! bplist does not display the year of a backup?

Hey guys, I'm trying to use the 'bplist' command to automate restoring data via a script. bplist works fine, and returns the backup entries, but it does not include the year the backup ran - only the month, day and hour. here's some example output...

altmiket by Level 4
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Catalog backup failed with status 227

Hi, Recently i have configured netbackup catalog backup and it was running fine. I have full backup every week with the retention period of 1 month, also daily incremental backup. Yesterday i restarted the netbackup (master server), and today the in...

media import

hi all.. can any one tell me  how to import images from tape.. when tape alredy over writed.. can i import images after expire media through bpexpdate.. & also another backup written on same tape .. Please tell me how to import images according to...

Nitesh by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Newbie tape question

Hello, I am rather new to netbackup (version 6.5.2 on Windows) and having a question about tape usage: if a backup does not fit on a tape NBU automaticcaly spans it to the next tape (parameter in Host configuration, found that one) , that's fine, BUT...

Resolved! unable to delete the drive

i ahve Windows based NBU 6.5.3. I have replaced my TL drive and want to update the same. New drive is visible but I am not able to delete the old drive. It gives me error saying record not found. anyone faced this problem before ??

kkate by Level 5
Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NBU - Event Manager Servie not starting

Hello All, I am facing said error in below mentioned environment. Details are also mentioned below Environment: Windows 2003 Ent Edition NetBakcup 6.5.3 Error - NetBackup Event Manager Service is not starting also below mentioned are the details ...

araj by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Duplication in queued

HI.. i having some problem : in my activity moniter some duplication in queu from last one week & i am not able to delete & cancel jobs .. Please tell me how to delete or remove from my activity monitor .. i am using unix GUI 6.0 Thanks..

Nitesh by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels