Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Hung Backup jobs

I have a Master server with 6.5.3 and All my backup ploicies are working fine. But C Drive backups are running for long time and after writing some amount of data the backup job is getting hung.  This happens only for few client servers. We are n...

How to succeed with recovery

1.       Consider all the stages of recovery 2.       Investigate a bare metal restore situation 3.       Perform recovery exercises for critical applications 4.       Prepare for skills and resources to be available for an event 5.       Document r...

TrevorD by Level 2
Employee Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Restore failed in netbackup

Hi I have earlier one server which is having media and master server on same physical server we have taken few backups on veritas netbackup 6.5.1 after few months we have configured media and master on two different physical machines, now if we  tr...

Backup to disk compression - SQL

Hi Guys, I was wondering if anyone was using compression when running to a disk staging area? I have an issue where I have alot of large SQL backups and not enough tape drives to run them to. As far as I am aware SQL backups are not able/recommende...

Resolved! NBU 6.5.3 disk staging

Hi All, Just a quick question about disk staging that I need clearing up and I'm sure someone will know the answer. I have a 1TB drive attached to the media server for disk staging and the idea is to backup the data on the staging unit to tape in t...

Where does the logging of frozen tapes go? (6.5.3.1)

I must have missed something recently. I just gone to from 6.5.2 to 6.5.3.1 on my master. And I have been seeing no FREEZING media messages in my problem report of late and yet there are tapes that are being frozen. I just tested a manual FREEZE and ...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

recommended best practices to upgrade to NBU 6.5

Review upgrade manualsResolve open issues prior to executing the upgradeReview the environment to validate compatibility with NetBackup 6.5Create a project planCreate a rollback planPerform NetBackup catalog cleanupPerform upgrade of a test environme...

TrevorD by Level 2
Employee Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

bpbkar32 holds exe from executing

hi, i am trying to use bpstart_notify batch file to launch, say, regedit or notepad program, before a backup starts - note this I am doing a test and found backup doesn't start and fails with "client timed out waiting for bpstart_notify to complete(7...

Full to tape with Incremental to Disk

I am trying to backup about 500 GB of data so I set up a full backup to tape which I will send to off site storage weekly and would then like to send my daily incrementals to disk.  My problem is that the incremental to disk is using a different stor...

Lucy by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NetBackup Support Life Cycle

Where can I find a NetBackup support life cycle matrix?  You would think it is easy to locate one, but I can't find it anywhere.  I'm trying to find out how long my version of NBU (6.5.1) is supported for, and if there are any limitations to support,...

Resolved! Services and Retries

I have 2 Questions here 1. How to check whether the NBU services are running on a client from the master or the media server remotely either in windows or a Unix Client. is there a command to check it,   2. How to change job retry for a client. Is th...

Prab by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup 6.1 DLO network storage issues

Hello I have a issue with My network storage filling up and I am looking for best practices for DLO so that I can go though does anyone have a link. or recommendations It looks to me that the data is not dropping off after 30 days like specified? whe...

zenworksb by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tape media refresh procedure

Howdy, Just wondering (and I searched the forum fruitlessly) if there is a documented procedure for refreshing old tapes (DLT) to new tapes (LTO-4)?  I have been asked to for legal obligations and I inherited these systems (2 tape libraries) from the...

Labels