Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Backing up the large fileserver - Archive bit vs time stamp

We have large file server where the backup window extends over days. To reduce the backup windows, we are considering backing it up with one time Full backup, after that substituting with the cumulative on weekly basis and differntials on the weekday...

NBU on Solaris Sparc VS. Solaris x86 - Solaris VS. RH Linux

Hi, Can you please share your experience or feedbackup about running NBU on Solaris Sparc VS. Solaris x86. I have always used NBU on Solaris on Sparc. Is there any key things i should know before switching to x86 (cheaper cost) platform running Solar...

NBU 6.5.6 Q: Synthetic Retention and Backup Size

Greetings All,   I've scoured the forums looking for someone with a situation similar to mine, but to no avail. I'm new to NBU and am looking to move my company to 7.n and a disk to disk backup solution to get away from costly tapes. 6.5.6 does Synth...

Windows Updates

I don't need a solution as much as an answer to a question. Please forgive my ignorance, but I have been told, adamently, to never make any changes to a master or media server unless you down NBU first. How does this fit with Windows Updates? Do I se...

resotre the SQL logfiles without the full preceeding it

Our custoemr has decided to backup the log files after he backed up the full dfatabase. So their backup plan looks like . Now they want to restore the database to a point in time between the two fulls. When restoring the last Logs the system insists ...

effiko by Level 4
Partner Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tape compatability

Question: If a tape is written by a Netbackup 7.x media server can it be read on a 6.x media server?

Resolved! Oracle HOT backup to be restored as backup pieces

Hi all   We have Oracle 10G and 11G and is getting protected via NetBackup 7.0.1 backup destination is LTO 4 Tape. Previously my DBA used to backup the DB and used to store into native disk from where we used to backup the same into tape media. Later...

V4 by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! AIR and BMR ?

I can duplicate Backup with AIR and NetBackup 7.1, but when we use BMR, it is not a solution to recover systems on the DR site. Is there some way to tranfer also BMR information to the DR site ?

Gdd by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Needing "The Details" - upgrade from 7.0 to 7.1 then 7.1.0.2,

Hello, My company is currently on 7.0, wanting to upgrade to 7.1 and now i see there is a 7.1.0.2 pack as well. If someone would be so kind as to detail the process it would be greatly appreciated. I have downloaded the split files and jointed and ch...

pmc214 by Level 5
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup 7.1 Restore NetWare attributes fail on EOS cluster

Hello all, Clients properties: Linux 2.6.16.60-0.89.1-smp OES 2.0.3 PatchLevel =3 NetBackup client version 7.0 NetBackup Server Version 7.1   Customer has 3 clients with same SO level installed in cluster. Policy type is standard and is configured to...

Malak by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NBU 7.0 database

Hello everyone,   I am a Solaris NBU user, and im having issues because the size of the DB is increasing, its almost 99% so i need to expand that partition or migrate that database to another partition, maybe someone knows how can i do this???????   ...

manol4ik by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Master Server on VMware (ESX 4)

I read somewher that tape units are not supported: however: in the NetBackup_virtualization_7x_support.pdf mentions:   Virtual media server The NetBackup media server is supported within a virtual machine, under the limitations described in the “Gene...

Tape encrypted backup using KMS not working for AIX media server

Master -  Windows 2003 Standard Media Servers :   2 Windows 2003 / 2 AIX Tape drives : LTO5 - robot controlled by master (Windows)  Backups of clients are not being encrypted when using AIX media servers. Is there any specific AIX setting for this fe...

avisha by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NetBackup cluster node add failed

Hi all   NetBackup 7.1 Win Clustered Master server Win2k8r2 std sp1 NODE1  = Passive node NODE2 = Active Node VN (Virtual Name)   Recently due to hardware issue on node 1 we had to reinstall OS and all the patch. When tried to add node 1 to existing ...

V4 by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Exchange / SQL Log truncation

Hi All, Need few clarifications on log truncation. Correct me if i'm wrong here. Transaction logs are getting generated as database (Exch/SQL) would be busy with other task , as soon as it gets free logs get commited and DB size is increased (i.e. Pr...

V4 by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Cannot restart one VM backup job

I have an automatic backup selection in a VSphere 4.1 environment (BLIB backup and Mapped Full VM Backup). Sometimes, one VM backup fails (VM stopped, Cannot take snapshot,...). If I try to restart only this backup, the backup fails with error 1001.....

Gdd by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

SQL Backups running slow after upgrading to 7.1.0.2

Hi All, Facing issues while backing up SQL database. The backup throughput has degraded drastically from 15 Mbps to 1 mbps. Master/Media Server: Netbackup Enterprise Server - 7.1.0.2 (OS- Win 2008 R2 ,Enterprise Edition) Client Server: Windows Cluste...

Vino_J by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels