Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup SQL intelligent policy implementation

Hi All,   I need a help on implementation of SQL intelligent policy. I would like to know what is the best practice and schedule : For full and incremental database backups. for Transaction log backup. Also does it support configuration of poli...

rVikas by Level 5
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBackup port between master for AIR

In the Port en Firewall reference guide, I can read : Note: If using Auto Image Replication (AIR) for optimized duplication, TCP ports 1556, 10082, and either 10102 (MSDP) or 443 (PDDO) must be open between the NetBackup domains. But if AIR is be...

Gdd by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Domino crash after PIT restore.

Hi Team, We are observing some domino server crashes after PIT restore completes. The domino restore is successful and we see thet nsf file comes online on domino server. However after a moment domino crashes with error below. Start Time = 07/04/...

BVshet by Level 5
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup job is partially successful

Dear All,   I am facing partially successful backup issue for file level backup, all the skipped files are "~$" files. we have already enable open file backup but still facing the same issue. Is there any way to exclude these temp images in netbac...

abhinavs by Level 3
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup Catalog recovery with MSDP media server

I have a site with a 772 master server and a 772 media server, this is a remote site used as a target for AIR replication.  The master server has failed and I need to recover this server. Media server containing MSDP pool including primary copy of ca...

SYMAJ by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup 7.1 skipped exchange 2010 .edb file without error

Hi, I want to take exchange 2010 backup. but netbackup 7.1 skipped exchange databse .edb file.   here the logs... 04/15/2016 11:20:40 - Info nbjm (pid=6120) starting backup job (jobid=644228) for client x.x.x.x, policy MMS_TEST, schedule Full 0...

amits1 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replace netbackup master server (virtual machine)

Hi all, We need to replace our master server (vm - Linux RHEL 6.0 ) for a new one because of some issues we are facing due to os updates that we did recently. The backup catalog is mounted (nfs) on master server. I want to know the steps to perform...

Resolved! ANY MATERIALS FOR A FRESHER TO CRACK THE CERTIFICATION EXAM

Hi, i am fresher going to da certification on Netbackup tool. please give me any suggestions as : 1) which certification will help me a lot to work on Netbackup all kinds of services. 2) materials which can be helpful for cracking the exam other t...

Boot Server

Hello, After performing the operation below I do not see a boot server. The execution of the order on the server is correct and I do not understand why I do not see it listed Master : / Usr / openv / netbackup / bin # ./bmrsetupboot -register [In...

Resolved! LINUX NFS MOUNT BACKUP

Hi All,   I need a solution regarding NFS Backup as per  below mentioned environment details.   our customer is have some of there files on NFS mount point on LINUX server, on the same server they want to install NetBackup Master server and attac...

mumair109917 by Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup and EMC Data Domain

Hi, We are planing to install Netbackup 7.7.2 and EMC Data Domain ( "OS: 5.6.0.3-485123Model: DD2500" ). My query is that can we use Netbackup virtually OR We required physical server ? Considering the performance of backup.  

need help setting up Netbackup ndmp backup alerts

Hello    We are using NBU 7.6.0.3 which is our master and media server same and backing up NDMP servers. Our Team has decided to configure email alerts for the ndmp backups and here are requirement mentioned below.   We have 4 departments and hav...

Resolved! Backing up LUNs provisioned to server

Our current setup for all our policy is set to backup "All Local Drives" but for some servers there are LUN's provisioned to them and is formatted and mounted to created directories. Something like: /dev/mapper/vg23-lvdata                       29...

gplus by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

NDMP backup fails with No drives are available(2001)

Hello I am trying to backup a NDMP server Netapp and it fails with  No drives are available(2001) The library is seen on master server 7.6.0.1 and also seen on ndmp server (netapp)  Connecting to host "ulkbfas-t2a" as user "root"... Waiting fo...

backup duplication performance issues

I have a similar issues as discussed in http://www.veritas.com/community/forums/using-bpdu... .​  I want to clarify if we list and identify the images need to cancelled and cancelled it, shall we call the cancelled backup duplicatye images again to b...

Resolved! bpexpdate expire disk images promote tape images to primary

NBU 7.6.0.3 on RedHat Master Hello Forum,  Have a large number of disk backup images that were manually written to tape some time ago. I've confirmed all the disk backup images are the Primary copy and have a duplicate copy residing on tape.     ...

Resolved! NDMP tape drove config

Hi Team, I am planning to configure NDMP backups in my backup infra. I am using direct attached NDMP approach for my backups, was wondering is there any command specifically to configure tape drives to NDMP hosts. Please advice.

BVshet by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels