Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

AIX SAN Client

Hi, Recently I tried to setup AIX SAN Client faced some problem. I did setup for Solaris SAN Client, but everything went smoothly. AIX 6.1 client with NBU 7.1 Solaris 10 FT Media server with NBU 7.5.0.3 AIX 6.1 Master server with NBU 7.5.0.3 We did t...

wilsonchong by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! NBU / OS Not controlling Robotics since library upgrade

We upgraded our library from ADIC i2k to Quantum i6k and associated LTO3 to LTO5 drives. All looks good excpet the robotics are no longer controllable and the cfgadm command produces a failing message. We're running on Solaris 10 sparc and NBU 7.1.0...

Resolved! BMR setting up and restore

Dear all,    I wan to settup BMR for DDR and have seen the videos from Link 1:  http://www.symantec.com/connect/videos/netbackup-bmr-701-release-windows-2008-client-physical-machine-virtual-machine-restore-part1  and Link 2:  http://www.symantec.co...

Resolved! server not allowed to connect (46)

I have my backup server able to ping to my client. I can do the followings: from the server C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\bin>bpclntcmd -hn backupv-data host backupv-data: backupv-data at 10.1.3.29 aliases:     backupv-data     10.1.3.29 C:\Pr...

Resolved! one of the tape drive is not detecting in netbackup

Hi I run netbackup 6.5.6 version windows 2003. One of my media server have 4 tape drives among that one drive is not detecting on the netbackup. I have deleted the drive from "Drives" because is showing a missing path. I tried to recreate but unable ...

Resolved! NBU AVR Deamon not recognizing Tape Change

Hi all i have a Problem whith a NBU 7.5.0.4 MediaServer whith local HP LTO4 Standalone Drives. As far as i know the AVR Deamon should recognize when a Tape is ejected and a new one is inserter into a Standalone Drive. My Problem is that when eject a ...

Resolved! Why we are going for NDMP backup

Hi All, I don't understand the concept of NDMP backup.  Since NAS also the storage i don't understand the why we need a separate configuration to backup NAS. Can any one explanin me about the NDMP and its configuration. Thanks, Mubarack.S

Resolved! Failover storage unit group

We are exploring a dedicated media server for specific clients and it seems the Failover Storage unit group would fit our needs. The documentation describes this as it "chooses the first storage unit in the list that is not down or out of media." We ...

Help configuring Netbackup with NDMP/SAN/SAS

I am looking for some help configuring a Netbackup 7.5 install to do a n NDMP backup over SAN. I have a Redhat Enterprise 6u3 media/master server running Netbackup 7.5 with the 7.5.0.3 update. I have an Oracle/Storagetek SL-48 library with 4 LTO5 dr...

slane by Level 2
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vstorage Incremental backups

Hi, I have read so much about various Netbackup/ESX/VMWARE versions and functionailty and just seem to get myself more confused at times. Hopefully You can help. Environment Characteristics Master - 7.0.1Backup host/media Server - 7.0.1ESX Server - 3...

nick80 by Level 4
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Info only - How to set up logs in NetBackup

Firstly, many thanks to Marianne for her input into the below details.   The purpose of this post is to provide a single location for info to be able to set up logs. The details below are just about the shortest version I can make, that still con...

mph999 by Level 6
Employee Accredited
  • 8 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup cluster upgrade

Environment : Netbackup 7.1 on Solaris 10 running on two node VCS cluster. Problem we have here is that primary node is 7.1 and secondary node is 6.5.  some images are already written since we upgraded to 7.1. I am planning to upgrade secondary node ...

ERR - Error encountered while attempting to get additional files for Microsoft Information Store:\DAGB_xxxxx\Logs_xxxxx Achange 2010 DAG\

Hi All, I am getting the following error when I Am trying to perform backup of my exchange Server. 10/28/2012 21:03:39 - Info nbjm (pid=8058) starting backup job (jobid=431818) for client MBXBYDE2, policy nbuexchg, schedule exchbckweek_full 10/28/20...

Armand_Basoh by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! multiple SQL instances on a single server

HI guys i got a new project opened in which we have to configure huge number of SQL policies on NBU master server. 90% servers have multiple instances on each win 2008 servers. as of now what I do is i create 2 policies 1 full , 1 incremental for eac...

rookie11 by Moderator
   VIP   
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NBCC Error while upgrading from 6.x to 7.x

Hi all, I ran the NBCC 7.5.0.3 Download tool on my Unix master server installed on Solaris 10. I got CONSISTENCY_ERROR Integ_5_1 after running the tool. I installed it in the /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/support location and ran the tool. Any help would ...

rchandr by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Windows Media server reload

We have a current NB 7.0.1 Windows 2003 media server which is being taken down and reloaded with Windows 2008.  We will have to reinstall netbackup on the server. NB version is taying the same.  The server will have the same name and IP's, but does a...

Labels