Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Question about Disk Staging / temp. staging area

HI, Running NB 7.0 on a Win2003 server, with a Quantum Superloader 3 (DLT4 - tape robot).   I hope someone can give me an advise until now - I have been using tapes for backup,   I have bought some big USB discs and connected those to my (Master)serv...

Resolved! Duplication failing with status 85 then 150.

Hi,   I'm manually running duplication jobs within Netbackup, NDMP & multiplex images hence the manual process. Most of the jobs complete successfully but from time to time the job fails. When you look at the job details it states the following.   12...

Resolved! Netbackup Deduplication Licensing

Hi guys, This is my first post talking about Netbackup Solution. I'm plannig a NBU7 Deduplication but I don't know the differences about this option. 1 - SYMC NETBACKUP DEDUPLICATION OPTION 2 - SYMC NETBACKUP PLATFORM DEDUPLICATION OPTION ADD-ON I ne...

jsouza by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

socket write failed(24)

We had a server die on us, so we brought a new one up with the same name/IP. When we go to backup now, full or incremental, we get a socket write error. I checked and the new client's nic is set to 100mb full duplex. It will run anywhere from 10mins ...

Status Code 14

Hello all, I currently have several clients All Windows 2008 x64 and 2008 R2. All jobs get part way through a backup and fail with that status code 14, cant find much on the searches if anyone can help me out that would be good. My Configuration is...

Resolved! Netbackup 7 PureDisk disk pool size

We are currently running Netbackup 7 on Windows 2003, and set up 2TB disk to test the dedup disk pool. We like how it is running and would like to move all of our servers in to it, but need more space. In the past with AdvancedDisk you could create 2...

source dedup get status 14

Hi, When we try to perform client side dedup backups 50-60 % of the backups fail with status 14 and if we change to media server dedup we get no errors at all. This would normally not be an issue except that we backup hosts over small WAN links, 2-10...

Client Based Deduplication - Configuration

HI,   We have Netbackup 7.0 x64bit os master server and want to test the client side deduplication. I followed the procedure as given in the admin guide and ran the backup. Backup was successful and i am able to see the storage space reduction. I hav...

sathyam by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup 7.0.1 error

Hi all I have install the new Netbackup 7 realese and now i try to work with my backup I see on the Details tab this error 23/09/2010 09:29:22 - requesting resource Venezia 23/09/2010 09:29:22 - requesting resource cs-netbackup01.NBU_CLIENT.MAXJOBS....

VM's to Dedupe job

Hi   I have a very strange issue after upgrading from NBU 7.0 to 7.0.1, If I run a backup for my VM's direct to tape it works no issue. If I try to Dedupe it starts I see the snapshot been created in virtual center and in activity monitor the job is ...

Resolved! How to configure disk based backup on media server

Hi, I have master server and media server. On master server I am able able to take backup on disk based.  On media server i want to take disk based backups which i was not able to do so. Details explanation: I have taken luns from IBM array and mappe...

Sadat by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup 7.0 deduplication storage pool not releasing space

Hello All, anyone using NBU7.0 with PDDE (deduplication storage media server) out there? We're experiencing an annoying problem with the deduplication storage pool on our media server. Once the dedup pool went beyond the high watermark (95%), of c...

lpizzina by Level 2
Partner
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudos

Disaster recover with PureDisk 6.6 and NBU 7

Hi All, I've been looking around forums for a while now but no one seems to eb doing anything similar to what I'm after. I need to do a mock disaster recovery of our NBU master server from the backups on an off-site pure disk server. I did not do...

nlc_ICT by Level 2
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NetBackup 7.0 Deduplication

Hi people, I have a Master Server NetBackup 7.0 with 2K3 32bits and a Media Server 7.0 with AIX 5.3 64bits. So I need to create a Storage server to media server deduplication pool, but when I try to do it just appear an error like this: rdsm has enc...

6.5 vs 7.0, puredisk integration, etc.

Hi everyone, so I purchased 6.5 about a week before 7.0 came out, and without maintenance (of course) so I'm not eligible for the new software, or so I thought.  I didn't know about 7 coming out until it was too late to just return the purchase and ...

SLP Optimised Duplication Failing only on 1 server image

Here is the Detailed Job Status: 5/25/2010 9:20:21 AM - requesting resource LCM_SDCSTU 5/25/2010 9:20:21 AM - granted resource LCM_SDCSTU 5/25/2010 9:20:21 AM - started process RUNCMD (6824) 5/25/2010 9:20:21 AM - ended process 0 (6824) 5/25/2010 9:...

Labels