Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Symantec Netbackup - Password

Hi, My query is related with symantec netbackup client services. Scenario: As per our system policies we need to change privledge users password periodically. and when ever we change our password backup scheduled in netbackup get failed even after ...

Resolved! Microsoft Windows 2012 NTFS data deduplication - Backup to MSDP?

Hi Everyone! I am looking into backing up Windows 2012 NTFS data deduplication volumes and in the documents I am seeing the following: Regarding the Microsoft Windows 2012 NTFS data deduplication feature: - NTFS deduplication volumes may be backed...

rbkguy by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! About Deduplication in netbackup

We have planned to keep our monthly and yearly backups in to disk. Planning to use netbackup MSDP. Our current backup size is 10TB. Every month full bakcup and 1year retention. My question is first time it will be 10TB and second month will it take d...

Shil by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Recovery issue

Hi All, We have two media servers (mediasr1 & mediasr2) with the same ddboost storage unit configured. On the mediasr1 the ddboost device configured over FC & mediasr2 the same ddboost device is configured over IP. We are trying to restore the data...

ontheark by Level 2
Certified
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup Deduplication and Front End Terabyte (FETB)

Hi, I am hoping for some guidance in the area of Symantec calculating its (Capacity Licensing on FETB - Front End Terabyte) when data is initially deduplicated to disk and then backing up the data to tape after several months.   Query: If we creat...

Change NBU Domain for Media Server & Appliance

Hi all,   I want to move a NetBackup Media server with MSDP and an N5020 appliance to a new NetBackup Master. And I need to keep the backup data in the MSDP pools to allow restore in the future I tried to apply procedure to change MSDP pool of phy...

Resolved! Regarding MSDP Encryption option

Hi All, We are looking forward to have MSDP configured in our environment (Media Server working as Storage Server with 64TB of dedup pool) and use compression and encryption features of MSDP Also for long term retention of the data, we going to mov...

1501SV by Level 4
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Remote Site backups with Encryption

Hi,   We have a requirement to backup a set of servers in remote sites and we've tested a backup solution outlined below which works pretty well but I know it'll only be a matter of time before someone asks about encryption. Backing up to MSDP on ...

Resolved! MSDP Failover Storage Unit group

Hi Everyone, I am looking to see if anyone else is having issues using Failover Storage Unit groups with MSDP? I am running Windows 2008 R2 on my Master server and two media servers with Netbackup 7.6.0.1. Instead of the jobs queuing when I hit the...

rbkguy by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! AIR with Data Domain

Geeks !   Good Day !   We have setup AIR using DDBOOSt association and SLP's are going fine. The issue we are facing is that we getting very low throughput ,we also tried manually duplicating the images to target DD and even those are going slow....

PranavB by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Still looking for AIR Cloud providers...

So I started a discussion back in July 2013 regarding cloud providers which might provide AIR.  Now I understand that there is no "integrated" option within NetBackup to do this, so I'm wondering if there are any service providers which "host" NetBac...

elanmbx by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Windows 2008 DIFF Suddenly Runs Big Backup

Hi All, I would like to share a problem we have with one of our Windows 2008 backups and see if anyone has encountered a similar problem and if possable find a resolution. Servers Involved:- NBU Matser - HPUX 11.31 - NBU7504 Client - Windows 2008...

Resolved! My backup job to robot tapes ended up with status=96

Hi My backup jobs that backup to robot has ended with exiting [status=96 unable to allocate new media for backup, storage unit has none available] I think it may be cause by tape's labels because it didn't have a problem before I change my label w...

yotsapat by Level 3
Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to create MSDP - Error - System call failed

Netbackup 7.5.05 Had an MSDP pool before. uninstalled it completely as recommended by Symantec. Now trying to add it back using te storage server config wizard and I get this error:   System call failed. RDSM has encountered and STS error: updateStor...

BTLOMS by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels