Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

NBU Operational and Best Practices Questions

Friends, Involved in few tasks and got couple of questions around storage servers, Tunning NBU etc and i was wondering if someone can share his/her experience. One of my customers have got 5 storage servers that needs to be deleted but they have data...

Spartacus81 by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! After few hours MSDP switched to PUT=No mode

Hi, I have a strange case with my MSDP. I have 4 MSDPs on identical servers with Linux RedHat 5. But one of them behaves very strange. After restart for few hours all is looking good. Cache is loaded, mode looks ok.   Mode : GET=Yes PUT=Yes DEREF=Yes...

mrmadej by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! how to extend the XFS PDDO partition

Friends, I have Netbackup enviornment using puredisk server as PDDO and /Storage partition is now full which is an external Lun sits on a NetApp filer.  i have extended the lun on the filer, restarted the iscsi deamon and server is now seeing the cor...

Spartacus81 by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Sharepoint Dedup rate

Hi, I'm starting to use deduplication in Netbackup and I was wondering if somebody could tell me what the average dedup rate for sharepoint backups is? I'm doing a backup of a Sharepoint 2007 environment and I get a dedup rate of 8%. Is this normal? ...

Resolved! Mail Alert for exchange servers

How can I configure mail alert for exchange server backups status with following details Exchange server name along with the storage group detail as I need to confirm each storage group backup started as per schedule. My Master server was Linux and N...

Resolved! Cannot configure multiple copies option

Hi all, I am not able to configure the multiple copies option from the Netbackup GUI. Master server is Netbackup 7.0.1 installed on HP-UX B.11.31 Whenever I try to configure the multiple copies i get a message"One or more storage units are not config...

cs3472 by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Duplication window doesnt pop up in the Netbackup GUI

Hi all, When I try to perform duplication from tape to tape using Netbackup GUI, it doesnt come up with the window which asks us to choose to which volume pool the duplicate copy must go. I will do a verify from the Netbackup catalog in the GUI and r...

cs3472 by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Duplication of Oracle backups to tape is sometimes slow

Hi all, We use NBU 7.5.0.5 on Windows 2008 64bit, backup tot DataDomain and duplicate to LTO4 tapes. NBU is configured to have minimum dup-job sizes etc. It seems that Oracle backups duplicate very slow. Looking at the details of the dup-job it seem...

Resolved! Deduplication on a Master Server - MSDP or Puredisk

Hi!   Generelly speaking, is Puredisk the best/the only solution for deduplicaion on a Master Server, in a Netbackup 7.5.x environment? I have read here that MSDP is not recommended to run on a Master Server - only on dedicated Media servers. http://...

kybeer by Level 5
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Disk Staging Schedule Netbackup 6.5.6

Hi, In the last weeks we are facing problems with one of our Media Servers (Windows 2003) - sometimes the disk gets full. This happens since the disk size was reduced. Now we investigated these problems and we found that duplication jobs are not done...

Resolved! Tape to tape duplication - Less data size

Hi all, We performed tape to tape duplication for one of our client... When we compared the size of the data, it was less from the original copy from where it was duplicated. I have attached the screenshot for the reference... In the attachment the f...

cs3472 by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

NB7.5 Remote Backup Procedure after upgrading & changing Master

Environment: NetBackup 7.5 Media Server with Puredisk and Tape Library attached. I need to backup remote site "ZXY" over a WAN Link.   History: Previously we were backing up XYZ using Synthetic Backups to Media Server "B" with Master Server "A" in an...

mr2ns by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 3 kudos

Migrate MSDP Pool to new server

Hello, I am wondering if someone has a good procedure or technote on how to migrate data to a new MSDP Pool on a new server We have a server out of lease in about a months time and I have a new server ready to go as its replacement. There is currentl...

DeleteSpaceThreshold

Hi all, Recently we had a problem like explained in this forum discussion. This topic has been closed but we experienced the exact same "problem" and I followed the TECH130103 to solve this. I want to know the reason of this event from going from 1% ...

Políticas de respaldo invertidas

Estimados,     Les comento, mensualmente se realizan dos respaldo Full que son un Historico y un Duplicado_Historico el cual es enviado fuera de la empresa, donde solo nos quedamos con el historico, resulta que hoy trate de recuperar información de e...

basskur by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Securing 2nd copy of Catalogue Backup when using AIR!

NBU 7.5.0.4 all virtual.  2 Domains using AIR so far so good. 1xMaster 10 media servers at each site. Now concern is both domain storing the catalogue on site as my customer wants total disk based solution. My worry is if my master vm died how would ...

Spartacus81 by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels