Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

NetBackup - NAS appliance and Offline Backups

Group,Hi, all.  We're looking at options for an offline DR backup and were wondering if anyone has tried using a NAS appliance to receive backup copies and then just disconnecting it from the network once the backup completes?  If so, what were your ...

Resolved! Netbackup 7.6.1 client binaries

Hi All, Observed the 7.6.1 client binaries downloaded from symantec file connect having not all client binaries. The download contain two files NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS1.tar.gz & NetBackup_7.6.1_CLIENTS2.tar.gz.  Even if we extract individually or j...

MG1989 by Level 3
Certified
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! bpexpdate versus nbholdutil

Hi, I am looking for some more information on nbholdutil as I have not been able to find much information on it. What i'm trying to do: Suspend images stored on tape by backup ID indefinitely until legal lets me know. I know how to do this but would...

Resolved! Error 2820 restoring vmware virtual server with USB attached device

Hi, I got 2820 error when trying to restore the VM image backup of virtual server with physically attached USB device (special token card). Part of restore log with error is ................. skipped .... 13.08.2015 15:26:24 - end reading; read t...

VAM by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Vault fail with error 306

Hi   We usually have Vault run on mondays, but for some reason i had to run this on wednesday this week. It only copies the full backups which runs on Fridays, so i changed the amount of days it needs to go back in order to get theese full backups....

Resolved! Not able to do ndmp restore

Hi All, I am not able to do a ndmp restore .The filler is a emc vnx 5100 box. I am using netbackup 7.5 I tried all the options restore everything to a differnt location and orginal location but still getting error 2850 . 2-07-2015 11:55:08 - begi...

Resolved! Configuring or getting dbclient log name

Hi,  I'm trying to automate  SqlServer Backups by executing from control-m, which is a 3rd party schedule software.  To do this, I have created a .bat file that call the Netbackup exec file (dbbackex.exe).   I use this code to do this:  echo "Sta...

ElenaC by Level 3
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Restore SQL cluster Database

Hi All, I have a SQL database cluster Server ,local drive (C and D) and Present from storage LUN (J, K, and L).  I already configure MS windows Backup policy with enable Bare Metal Restore (BMR) option and backup selection (ALL LOCAL DRIVE). Let sa...

ghani01 by Level 3
Partner Certified
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to read LTO3 tapes with LTO4 or LTO5 media

Hi, I need to read and restore information from LTO3 tapes using LTO4 or LTO5. Is this possible?? The netbackup version is 7.0.1 Please help me with this, I cannot find specific information about this.

Resolved! Pros and Cons of Merge or Migrate of Catalog

Hi All, I am working on a hardware refresh for one of our NBU domain. I would like to know the pros and cons of Catalog Migarion over Catalog Merge. I would like to have a discussion thread which lists the the timeline, risks, overall implementatio...

jafferali by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Third-party key management for NetBackup encryption keys

If someone is doing encryption using NBU - Client, MSEO or KMS - can the encryption keys be stored and managed by something like SafeNet key management appliance? (SafeNet is KMIP compliant; I know NBU is as well) http://www.safenet-inc.com/uploaded...

nsultana123 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

probleme exchange DAG server 2012

master server : solaris 10 media1 & media 2: oracle linux server backup 7.6.4 client : windows 2012 DAG exchange client version 7.5.0.6 code erreur : 1: (636) read from input socket failed  file list : SET SNAP_ID=TTDAG01_1431802911 SET SNAP_ID...

Resolved! Symantec NetBackup Encryption

1) If I'm is trying to move away from a Brocade Encryption Switch (BES) since it has been announced EOL, can NBU be used to unencrypt the tapes that were already encrypted with BES and then can NBU encrypt them again using different keys so that all ...

nsultana123 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NETBACKUP REPORT STATUS 0 AND DO NOT INFORMATION JOB SIZE

Hi Guys! Good Morning, The more a month I'm having trouble generating the volumetric report using the OpsCenter because the netbackup is not computing the amount of data copied. Found that, in both is generating the same data, so I believe the pro...

LucasFroes by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! NBU with DD boost over FC

Hi,         I'm currently doing some test for a project that the client is going to use NBU with data domain boost. We tried and sucess to backup data to DD boost through NBU, however, I can't establish the connection between NBU server and DD. Even...

BrianKu by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Different type libraries with one media server

Hi! I have two different type libraries - IBM TS3500 and StorageTek SL3000 with ACSLS v.8 server. I would like to use only one media server (NBU Enterprise 7.5) with both of them. Is that possible?

atlantis by Level 2
Partner
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Error to BMR Windows 2003 R2 using Netbackup 7.6

Hi All,   I'm doing tested Bare Metal Restore Windows 2003 R2 on my Production server to development server. The Backup was succesfull but The restore was failed after the windows had been installed an create a directory BMR on drive C:/BMR/WINTT/P...

dicky_23 by Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup OST - Enterprise Vault Agent Implementation

I need some info on NetBackup OST and policy type set as Enterprise Vault.   I need to know if I can create a NBU 7.6 Enterprise vault policy, and then backup the data to and OST device and replicate the data to anoter OST device (DR)  with SLP.  ...

NJCRU by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels