Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Backup fails with status code 13 ?????

Hi everybody,   When i am trying to backup full and daily backup ...it is successful. But when i am  trying to take weekly backup it fails.........why it is happening for weekly backup ?   Can any one help me regarding this.....   .

gskrk by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

BMR Error

I've created a backup with BMR for a client server. Now when I try to initiate the restore by right-clicking on the copied configuration and select "Prepare to Discover", I get the following error: "An appropriate Shared Resource Tree is required to ...

Netbackup 58 error can telnet to 13782

Hi, Master 5.1 mp7 solaris 7    -   client 5.7 solaris 10 Backup failing error 58 Cannnot telnet to client to bpcd or 13782 - connection refused...   Port open, /etc/inetd and services correct, can ping client, Inetd has been refreshed and inetconv a...

whoknows by Level 3
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

NetBackup 7.1 SYMCquiesce issue!

Working toward getting our Linux VMware guests integrated into our vStorage API backup configuration. I have a test guest (64-bit Red Hat 5.4) on which I installed the 64-bit version of the SYMCquiesce utility: Tried a test backup and checked /opt/SY...

elanmbx by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Exchange restore in Symantec Netbackup 7.0.1

We are trying to do an Exchange restore in Symantec Netbackup 7.0.1 but we keep getting a Status 12 error.  It refers to permissions but we haven't been able to resolve it.  Our Exchange Administrator says we have the proper permissions.  Can anyone ...

Netbackup Sharepoint 2010 backups

Netbackup master/media server: Windows 2003 R2 32 bit Netbackup 7.0.1 Sharepoint 2010 server: Windows 2008 R2 64 bit - Netbackup client 7.0.1 Sharepoint 2010 SQL DB server: Windows 2008 R2 64 bit - Netbackup client 7.0.1 Have set up client and server...

gc_bus by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Status code 13 system call failed

Hello,   We have a clustered file server with a policy for each drive. Each policy is setup to backup clustername\drive letter.   We are using Netbackup enterprise 7.01 with a solaris master server and windows 2008 media server. Several of the jobs r...

Resolved! 7.0.1 patch reinstall fails on MSCS

Hello, I'm having a 'mare trying to reinstall the 7.0.1 patch on a MSCS. I was told to reinstall the patch by Symantec (who I've been dealing with since yesterday/today) with no joy. I though I might try the forums in case anyone has had this before....

TA0 by Level 4
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! 811 error on new media server

Hello, I have added in a new media server Windows 2008 and connected it to my Solaris 10 master server. All connects fine. I'm using SSO option and have zoned in tape drives and robotics to the new media server and created a new storage unit. When I ...

gustav by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

getting the following error

getting the following error:     Event Type: Error Event Source: NetBackup Device Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 5/18/2011 Time: 2:12:14 PM User: N/A Computer: TEDC-TCT-BKUP01 Description: emmlib_UpdateDriveRuntime failed, st...

j083418 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore Issue NetBackup 6.5

Hello,   We have a strange problem when restoring a files from a windows clients to himself. During restore, all files are restored to the / of the master instead of the client. The master (NBU1) is a Solaris 10 and client (HORIZON) is a windows 2008...

Plux31 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NBU 7.0.1 Job Id was reset to 0

Hi all, tonight our NetBackup Master Server 7.0.1 on Solaris 10/x86 has reset the Job Id from 645593 to 0 by itself. I don't know why? Did someone have the same problem or can help me with this issue? Thanks ... Regards, Martin

Resolved! NetBackup Enterprise Media Manager Service.....

NetBackup Enterprise Media Manager  service had an issue this morning on the Netbackup 6.5.4 Cluster. It was running but when starting up the GUI there were lots of error messages stating that it was unavailable. I can't see anything in the MS Window...

j083418 by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Oracle backup failures..

have a two Oracle DBs on the solaris local Zone. both  are iniciated backups from the Rman script to take the backups or Oracle DB and archive logs.. when Rman Fires the backups one DB is getting successfull and another DB is getting failues with EC ...

RamNagalla by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Certified
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! File Read Failed (13) on RH client on VM/2k3 host 6.0MP3.

The backup job fails instantly. VM versions match.Telenet works. We have another RH/ORA server that works fine.   "/usr/openv/lib/libonline_util.so" is not installed, but it is not on another server that is almost identical. They even backup the sam...

Resolved! NetBackup 7.1 and Exchange 2003

Hi I've saw a strange behavior after upgrading an Exchange 2003 Client in 7.1 version. Before (client version 6.5) backup of Information Store was working fine. Since the Upgrade, I've the following message in job details : 14 mai 2011 13:53:03 - Err...

Resolved! Netbackup FTP site not working

Good day The FTP Site where I usually download Netbackup software is not working, the following is the link that I usually use. ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/  Does anyone know if this link will be re-acti...

NetB_User by Level 4
Certified
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

vStorage API - VIXAPI freeze failed with 36

Hello, NBU: 7.0 I've got three VM guests failing with the same error: 'VMware_freeze: VIXAPI freeze failed with 36' I've had a look through the forums/google but can't come up with anything, can someone assist please? They all seem to follow the same...

TA0 by Level 4
Partner
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internal error: NetBackup for Microsoft SQL Server 2005

Hi, We have a backup problem and we cannot figure it out. Our environment is: -  Master Server: Linux with Netbackup 7.0.1 -  Client (Virtual Machine – Host:ESX04 VM version 7): Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2 with SQL Server 2005 SP3 + First Sec...

LNOVO by Level 3
Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels