Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Exchange DAG GRT restore

Hello I’ve setup Exchange DAG backup wit GRT enabled. The backup works fine, restore of whole DB also. We do a backup of 9 Exchange Databases ( in DAG) The problem Is GTR  restore – I’m able to browse user mailboxies only on one database. On the rema...

biocide by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Exchange individual restore getting fail

******* Moved to new discussion from https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-backup-grt-issue ****** Now, its running fine, I done test backup, but i try to restore individual mails its getting fail with below error. 12/21/2012 16:49...

NBU_13 by Level 6
Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Exchange 2010 backups... Split by DB?

Hello, I'm currently facing issues with having the catch-all directive of "Microsoft Exchange Database Availability Groups:\" and the duration of backups vs log  space filling up (I have plans to resolve this - but this is going to be over Christmas ...

NetBackup 7.5.0.4 Exchange 2003 GRT backup failed status 20

Hi, This was working before upgrade however I'm now getting this error, I've seen this discussion https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/netbackup-7504-exchange-2007-grt-backup-failed-status-20 and understand that VSS is now a pre req, I h...

DecKy by Level 4
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup, Sharepoint, GRT with error status 37

I have searched the web for help with a status 37 error trying to do a granular restore from Sharepoint 2007.  Previously I was able to do this but now, no matter what I try and restore, I get a status 37 with no other information what-so-ever. I get...

trs06 by Level 5
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup using SAN / Filer snapshot to backup VMWare VM

Hello, I'm trying to find a way to use my Filer (NetApp) snapshots to do VMWare VM backup instead of VMWare snaps. The idea is to use netbackup default features (like VRay) to do a regular granular VM backup, but instead of using VMWare default Copy-...

Resolved! Netbackup 7.5.0.4 Exchange 2007 GRT backup failed status 20

after upgrade to 7.5.0.4 from 0.3 Exch. GRT backup (app cluster) failed  storage unit is on MSDP       11:55:01 PM - Info nbjm(pid=7448) starting backup job (jobid=30633) for client ########, policy Exch_07_GRT, schedule Full    11:55:01 PM - Info nb...

Resolved! Active Directory backup with GRT exits status 1

Hi All, We have configured AD with GRT in our environment but we are getting partical successfull with the below. Error: ERR - Unable to obtain image list. Confirm this client has access to images on server <####> for client <####> ERR - Refer to the...

Item Restore from Exchange 2010 GRT backup using Netbackup 7.5

Hello All,   After upgrading our Exchage to v.2010 and Netbackup to v.7.5, we have setup Daily Full backups using GRT, in order to be able to quickly restore any lost item. Expected still annoying downside : daily backups take a loong time to complet...

BPESSTC by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Simple question regarding Active Directory granular backups

Netbackup 7.5 Admin Guide: (Also seeing same statement 'all Active Directory domain controllers' in other articles.) Page 675: "The Network File System (NFS) must be installed on the media server and all Active Directory domain controllers" My questi...

Duplicate full backup and delete original?

The reason is that we are just implimenting GRT backups of Sharepoint, which requires disk storage. Until we get some new hardware, I have a very small amount of disk storage (enough for one of said backups). So, ideally, I'd like to run the normal b...

NetBackup 7.1 GRT restore

Hi, I am performing some restore testing with NetBackup 7.1.0.4 and can successfully backup and restore objects but wonder about some items within the GRT image and their function: nTSecurityDescriptor, objectCategory, ou These items appear in additi...

MikeM11 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NfsClnt Event Log Warning

Hi All NetBackup 7.1.0.3 with Master and Media Severs running Windows 2003 Ent and all at same NBU version Have setup Exchange 2010 DAG Backups with the GRT option - so installed NFS on all DAG members and Media Servers. The mailbox servers are all W...

Mark_Solutions by Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exchange GRT backups will not browse after they have been duplicated

Windows 2008 R2 , Netbackup 7.1.02 Exchange 2007   GRT backups complete successfully to advanced disk pool and can be browsed via BAR gui without problem Once duplicated to tape via an SLP even though the primary copy is still on disk the backup can ...

hammers09 by Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

GRT on a storage unit

now i can make a GRT backup and restore using GRT technology... but i used a basic disk as a basic disk.. i have a problem with space i tried staging but the image still on the basic disk .. how can i delete the image after staging or how can i contr...

Resolved! GRT on virtual tape

i want to backup Active Directory and Exchange using GRT but i am facing a problem with GRT technology, GRT needs physical disk i have a virtual taope which means disks but seen by netbackup as a virtual tape , how can i make the GRT works with this ...

Granular Restore on Exchange 2007 Issue

We just configured GRT for our Exchange 2007 SP2 RU5 CCR environment using NetBackup 7.1.  When I try to restore a mailbox folder for a user, the restore starts fine and begins restoring items, then I see a message logged on the Exchange server: Even...

CoreyR by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels