Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Rebuilding netbackup master server in MS Cluster

Hi, We are running netbackup 6.0MP4 in MS Cluster (mscs)  (active/passive) envoirenment. few days back we ran out of space on disk (v:) where actully emm db and image db were installed. to over come disk issue we added an new drive (W:) with more s...

Resolved! Errors installing client on RHEL4 AS - rhel-x86_64-as-4

I'm trying to get the client installed on this machine and I have tried NetBackup_6.5_CLIENTS2.tar.gz and NetBackup_6.5_Linux2.4.tar.gz. With clients2 I get: /root/Desktop/NB_65_CLIENTS2_20070723/NBClients/anb/Clients/usr/openv/netbackup/client/L...

arust by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Errors to xml

Hi Al, We have veritas netbackup 6.5.2 running on Windows server 2003 Hou can i export the errors to a XML file thanks Erik

evegmond by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup / Quick Erase on Tape

All, Started a quick erase  on a tape ID 4MM001(Dat24 gig).  Within Activity Monitor, job shows active, Detailed Status show the following: 6/30/2009 10:35:35 - begin Erase 6/30/2009 10:35:35 - started process bplabel (pid=15095). Percentage complet...

dbeck by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

NDMP setup

Is it possible to make 3 drives available for 'local' backups and leave 3 for 'remote' backups? We have a new Dell ML6000 tape library with 6 drives. I added all 6 FC drives to a new media server for 'remote' NDMP backups. The remote backups work, ...

dz3000 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup Advanced Client License 6.5

Does the Netbackup Enterprise Server 6.5 license comes together with Advanced Client License? Or do we need to purchase the Advanced Client License separately?

MohdAlim by Level 5
Partner
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Recommendations for NBU file system layout

Howdy all, I'm getting ready to install NBU 6.5 on Linux (RHEL) and want to make sure I size and breakout the file systems correctly.  I'm looking for some advice on how folks are laying NBU Master Server out on disk. Currently I'm considering leav...

nohup by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NOM install/config question

We currently have NBU  6.5.3.1 running on an AIX master and media servers. We know that NOM will only install on a Windows or Solaris system. But if we were to install NOM on a Windows 2003 server would it still be able to report on a master server r...

Resolved! Netbackup 6.0 updates/patches

Folks, Can someone tell me what are the latest updates/patches that should be applied to linux version 6.0?  And is this the correct link to get them.  http://entsupport.symantec.com Thanks, -D-

dbeck by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup client installs

All, Which would be the best way to install the netbackup client on additional servers?   From a CD with just the client software on it or pushing the client from the Netbackup Master server using a policy? Thanks Dave

dbeck by Level 5
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! VRTSicsco install problems when upgrading from 6.0mp4 to 6.5.3

Hi, I am trying to upgrade a NBU master server from 6.0pm4 to 6.5.3. server is AIX 5.3 TL7 sp3 I have downloaded the software from the symantec s/w repo and created a filesystem to contain the binaries. The first part of the install works fine, ...

Givgov by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

NBU 6.5 on RHEL

Hello All, Recently I have installed NBU 6.5 on RHEL 4. But after installation whenever I reboot my RHEL server that booting process is very slow. In the booting details it shows each and every process which is starting, but it takes time when it i...

Deepak_W by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup 60 Client Installation

All, Can anyone tell me if this is the correct download file from Symantec for the Linux client installs.  Did not receive any of the distribution CD's. Netbackup6.0MP4_Clients1.tar.gz Thanks, -D-

dbeck by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! AIX Media Servers for Dummies.....

I have just created 3 new media server that are running AIX 5.3 Operating System (2x JS22 Blades and one P-series box).... it can see 4 tape drives on our HP EML library as detailed; baghetti:/opt/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/support> lsdev -Cc tape ...

Resolved! linux license key

hi, i am new in netbackup. i want to install netbackup linux client , can i use unix (not linux) license for this. thank you.

NetBackup in Antarctica

I am trying to confirm use of NetBackup on all seven continents. I have not yet been able to confirm it's use in Antarctica. Can anyone out there help me?

TimBurlowski by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

mass client creations

I'm looking at moving about 10,000 active clients from Legato to Netbackup 6.5.3 and wanting to know if there is anyway to script the client creation process? Also, some advice.... with say 5000 - 6000 clients per data center, is it best practice to...

Labels