Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! error while opening Java Console

Hello All, We are facing one issue we have one master server  7.5.0.5 running on a Linux VM. One ops center installed on a Windows server 2008 R2 Currently we are able to open the Netbackup Administrator Console  for the master server from our Opscen...

rk1074 by Level 6
Partner
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! understanding NBU and plugins

i'm trying to understand how all the different components fit together for NetBackup. if this is not the place, kindly point me where should i post. years ago, backup is composed of the following: backup softwareplugins (to handle open files) like fo...

manatee by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Media server installation verification

Hi, I install media server and got below messages: Unable to start NetBackup daemon bpdbm.  Rerun /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/install_bp when the problem has been resolved. is it normal or there is problem I need to fix this? Also, my media server is n...

iaw by Level 5
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! previously when we upgraded

previously when we upgraded from 7.5 to 7.5.0.5, the patch upgrade done on master server (redhat 6.x) rendered nbu unable to start. this patch, 7.5.0.6, has no mention of dependencies (or even of redhat 6.x) that might affect nbu on redhat 6.x after ...

manatee by Level 6
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Connect to Linux master server from Windows

We currently have a Linux (RHEL 5) server acting as NetBackup 7 master and media server.  Our Linux team currently administers our backups but we would like to transfer this responsibility to someone on the Windows team. Is there a way for someone us...

savona by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! dedup to another server

NBU 7.5.0.5 we already have dedup from puredisk to tape. now i'm thinking for the sake of redundancy, can i configure another dedup pool such that this dedup pool is another server somewhere on my network? is it advisable? anyone doing the same? best...

manatee by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

SAP HANA Backup Script TECH209343

Hello Together Know someone if a doc exists for the following TechNote concerning "Scheduling SAP HANA backups from Netbackup" http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH209343&key=15143&actp=LIST Thanks for the feedbacks. Kin...

Resolved! new tapes to scratch pool

NBU 7.5.05 everytime i load a new cartridge, it goes to "netbackup" pool. so what happens is if one of my policies require a cartridge, it does an error 96 because there is none in "scratch" pool. i would have to remember to manual move the new cartr...

manatee by Level 6
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! (2) none of the requested files were backed up - catalog

HI,  I have an error to backup the catalog : "(2) none of the requested files were backed up". Please find below the logs : (for information the OS master : linux and netbackup version : 7.5.0.5) bpdbm # grep -i error log.090313 00:00:03.453 [6985] <...

mouna by Level 4
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NetBackup wizard can't detect the attached iscsi storage device

Hi everyone, Good day, I'm very new w/ NetBackup and Red Hat Linux. The company i'm working right now wants to implement a test environment for NetBackup, so far i have succesfully installed NetBackup 7.5 on the Redhat linux 6 x86_64 server and I hav...

NewB by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! "all local drives" requirements

NBU 7.5.0.5 if my backup selection is "All Local Drives" for a Windows machine and some files weren't backup due to being open or in use, on restore time can i still successfully restore some files off of that backup policy?

manatee by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! VMware backups failing with 156.

VMware backups are failing from two clients with 156 while other vm backups are working fine.Please find the detailed backup failure log below.  Any idea about the problem please. Thanks in advance.   Troubleshooting steps already performed w...

Tanmoy1 by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! catalog recovery

Hi ALL,   Please can anybody provide me the steps or documentation of: Doing a complete catalog recovery when I have no DR file.no email  and I dont know on which tapes my catalog backup ran.I have 200 tapes with me onsite.     NBU 7.1 Linux   Thanks...

Resolved! NBU file installation and patch

Hi, I just installed master server 7.5.0.6 in linux. What are the installation files name for windows client and patch? are they NetBackup_7.5_CLIENTS / NetBackup_7.5_Win_zip / NB_7.5.0.6.winnt.x64.exe or what? Thanks, IAW

iaw by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java GUI very slow on 7.5.0.6 server

I administer a few Master Servers, and for one of them, ever since we upgraded it from 7.1.0.4 to 7.5.0.6, signing in and generally working using the Java GUI is very slow. I don't have the same problems with the other servers (same OS, same NBU vers...

Labels